cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access account I'm paying for

BenGott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, I'm paying for my brother's phone and own the email address associated with the Public Mobile account, but due to the new security method I can't access the account I'm paying for without entering a code sent to the phone. I cannot get the code because my brother is off the radar and won't transfer it to his own payment method.

Is there a way for me to access this account to cancel it or do I just need to stop payment with my credit-card company and wait for it to go delinquent?

8 REPLIES 8

@BenGott wrote:

Thank you for replying with this information. Tomorrow morning I'll be contacting TD to put a stop payment for Public Mobile. I've moved my other accounts to another card. Its ridiculous that if your phone gets stolen you've got to contact support and hover over your email inbox for a day waiting for a response. I can't even imagine the hassles that await me when they get back to me trying to prove my case. Seriously thinking of porting everything to another provider right now, this is unforgivable.

@BenGott - did you submit a ticket with Public Mobile agents (CSA) (like others have suggested) yet?? This is your best route prior to putting a stop with your credit card.

If you did submit to CSA, did they refuse to remove the card? Why are you going to TD to put a stop payment for Public Mobile?

One big issue if you went to TD, if you have any other Public Mobile accounts you are paying for with this credit/visa card, IS THAT, you may have issues with these others accounts too once TD puts a stop payment with Public Mobile. In other words, they may disable any other accounts that this card pays for with Public Mobile. Not a good situation to get into; and only way to get accounts back is to go through Public Mobile customer support.

EDIT - Best to wait for a customer service/support agent to get back to you prior to going to your bank, from the ticket you submitted.

BenGott

Thank you for replying with this information. Tomorrow morning I'll be contacting TD to put a stop payment for Public Mobile. I've moved my other accounts to another card. Its ridiculous that if your phone gets stolen you've got to contact support and hover over your email inbox for a day waiting for a response. I can't even imagine the hassles that await me when they get back to me trying to prove my case. Seriously thinking of porting everything to another provider right now, this is unforgivable.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BenGott 

Public mobile is working on a solution for the new everSafe login issues.  Hassle for customers who manage several accounts.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Troubleshooting-Login-Issues-OTP-2FA-Ever...

One potential trick to get into your account if you have email access:

1. Reset the account's password.

2. Then enter the incorrect SMS code 4-5 times.  Then sometimes it send the code via email.  

Otherwise, you can contact customer service agent.  As long as you know the important details of the account, CSA should be able to remove the credit card.  It is tricker since PM needs to protect people's account.  

Pubic mobile or any company does not like charge backs for credit cards. IF that happens, your brother will need to use payment vouchers for a certain period of time before Public mobile will let him use credit cards. 

@BenGott  Then support is the route you wanna take , hopefully they can remove the number on file for you . Good luck 

BenGott

Its my phone, and my account. He's just carrying the phone. Hasn't anybody thought of this scenario before?

BenGott

Not changing my credit card number because Telus unilaterally imposed 2fa without making it opt-in. Its a business card and the logistics are extreme.

You cannot and should not cancel someone else's account. Whether your brother wishes to continue using the service is choice.  As for your credit card I would try send a message to the customer support agenrs to see if they can remove the card from the Public Mobile account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@BenGott  If your brother is not being cooperative, you may have no choice but to change your credit card and get a new one .. it’s pain in the back side , to have to update it with all your other services … but it’s piece of mind . You can try with support by removing credit card completely off file . But you would need to know all the credentials for verification 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<
Need Help? Let's chat.