cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling service

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

We bought a cell phone for our mother for a trip to the US. We have just returned and she does not want to keep the cell phone. Her plan is on auto payment and the payment went through today for another month. I am wondering how to cancel her service as well as see if she can get her money refunded for the next month.

6 REPLIES 6

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Rascal, just remove the credit card associated with the autopsy.

OH, MY. I hope we are not there yet!?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rascal 

In order to remove autopay via 611 you must use the 4 digit account pin #. Otherwise it must be done via the self serve account. If the account was activated in store then the self serve account may not have been finished being created which requires the 6 digit alphanumeric code that is texted to phone number/phone with the sim card of the account.

The alternative if removing Auto pay and/or the payment card from the account by the above methods is not possible would be placing a hold on the payment card before midnight eastern on the 30th day of the current cycle so that autopay fails and the account suspends due to non payment. The card hold can be removed The following day after noon eastern. The account will then be automatically cancelled and deactivated 90 days after suspension.

The suggestion by @hairbag1 to offer the account to a friend or family member to take over is also a possibility to consider. You can contact customer support if the login credentials for the account have been forgotten and you can answer the verification questions or verify via the phone.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You won't be getting a refund as PM is a prepaid service.

Why not ask around to see if someone else in the family or close friend wants the phone and PM service. They can take over the account and then mom is off the hook. PM is actually a very good and inexpensive phone service. Plans start at $15 ...less with Autopay. Maybe even mom could reconsider keeping it up for her use at home.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Rascal   PM is prepaid service and I am afraid to tell you no, there is no refund.

Please login to My Account and disable Autopay and then remove the credit card from the account.  PM will not be able to take money out next month and  the account will then be suspended.  90 more days with no payment, the account will then be closed

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Rascal, just remove the credit card associated with the autopsy.  Log into the self-serve and go to the payment tab and then manage auto-pay.  Remove the credit card, your plan will go into suspension when it doesn't renew and then after 90 days the account will be closed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rascal - have her call 611 to cancel Autopay on the account.

Best to log into her self serve account and remove the credit card information. Then after 90 days of being in nonpay/suspended status the account will automatically be closed.

Porting the phone number to another provider will also automatically close the account with Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.