cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling phone

budnik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to cancel my parents account but they don't remember the password and when I select to send an email to recovery I receive nothing. 

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@budnik are they wanting to keep their current number ?if so they will need to activate with a new carrier and request a port. 

When porting your pm line needs to be active and you will need the pm account number and name on the account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@budnik wrote:

Problems with service. My parents keep paying monthly and they can only make emergency calls and they don't like that they can't call and speak to someone directly 

Yes this is the support method here. They would have known that upon signing up. We come here for the rates...not 24/7 call centre support.

Is this the first time the community has heard about this problem? Or the moderators?

It's great that you're now stepping in trying to help. I wonder if the problem can be resolved though. But if there's that general bad taste in the mouth then not much to do about that.

Until you can get logged in to see about getting it going, you'll need to wait for the moderators to reset your password anyway.

budnik

Problems with service. My parents keep paying monthly and they can only make emergency calls and they don't like that they can't call and speak to someone directly 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@budnik wrote:

Why would I want to wait and pay for another 3 months to cancel? I want this resolved asap. 

You wouldn't pay. Once you don't pay then it goes into suspension. If you don't have any funds in your Available Funds and you turn off autopay if set then 90 days later the service will deactivate entirely.

But sending a private message to the moderators requesting a cancellation is the other method. Whether you get refunded any money is up to them.

Or you can port the number over to another provider and that would immediately cancel the service.

Would you share why you're trying to cancel? Is there a problem with the service? Or they just don't need a phone anymore?

budnik

Why would I want to wait and pay for another 3 months to cancel? I want this resolved asap. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@budnik  a écrit :

I want to cancel my parents account but they don't remember the password and when I select to send an email to recovery I receive nothing. 

The only thing to do to cancel an account is to take away your credit card information on your account. But if you don't have access to your self serve account I think you will need help from the moderator..here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days...be patient...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can also call 611 disable autopay if you know the pin. And then the phone won't renew and 90 days later the account is canceled. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've never had an issue with forgot password. You're definitely using the right email (a specific one for your parents that's tied to their account)? Checked spam folders, etc? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@budnik wrote:

Then you'll need moderator assistance.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and you'll get a form back to fill out identifying information.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Don't reply to the email. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.