cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling account

rikiz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • I want to cancel my account for an extended amount of time but I'm afraid I'll lose all my referrals will be lost, is there anyone I can contact about this? Or if anyone knows any more info please help me out! 
22 REPLIES 22

@Bryans2356- Let's go step by step. Can you login to your account?

Bryans2356

i HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM  .I;M A SENIOR WHO FINDS THIS REALLY HARD.PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

I was told if i needed to cancel  it would be easy and no problem

Bryans2356

I need to cacell or suspend for 3 months.

It is. Just stop paying. It's a prepaid service. Log into your account and remove the credit card if there. The terms of service do say that you can contact the support people to cancel. But why bother when you can take care of these things yourself.

Bryans2356

I want the account cancelled. I was told when i got the plan that it was easy to cancel

HI @Bryans2356   Slow down.

Putting it into Lost/Stolen as said by @dust2dust  and @softech would be sufficient in your case.    There is really no way to cancel the account immediately.   

Please give it a try and let us know

@Bryans2356You don't need to close the account. You can suspend your services yourself to stop anybody using them. Log in to your account, click on plan & add-ons, click on lost/stolen, click on suspend.

Bryans2356

Just trying to close account

Bryans2356

WERE DID YOU GO

@Bryans2356If you can log in to your account then you can suspend the services yourself using the lost/stolen function. Then no one can use your services.

Bryans2356

HOW CAN I CANCELL PLEASE JUST CANCELL MY ACCOUNT

Bryans2356

NO THANK YOU PLEASE HELP ME CANCELL THIS ACCOUNT..i DON'T NEED THIS JUST PLEASE HELP ME CANCELL NOTHING ELSE'

@Bryans2356 wrote:

I want to cancell my account right away my phone was stolen and i need it CLOSED CLOSED .PLEASE

@Bryans2356   

First try to "findmyphone" and remote wipe the phone if possible

Apple: https://www.apple.com/ca/icloud/find-my/

Google: https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone

Samsung: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

For your My Account, there is no way to close the account right a way.  

But login to My Account NOW and disable Autopay, remove the credit card, then mark your phone as Lost/Stolen (Go to Plan and Add-ons Tab and click on Lost/Stolen Phone to Suspend the service.)

You can resume the service if you want to later.  Or if you really want to give up PM, just let it suspended for 90 days after the current cycle and your account will then be permanently closed

I would even change the My Account password after just in case

Bryans2356

I want to cancell my account right away my phone was stolen and i need it CLOSED CLOSED .PLEASE

@rikiz   Using both Fongo and TextNow.  

I never port a number to TextNow , so I cannot tell how much porting charge.  But in terms of voice , it is MUCH better that Fongo.  With Fongo, my other parties keep telling me they cannot hear me.  Never have that issue with TextNow.

But TextNow has more ad, Fongo used to have just ad at the bottom, but lately , it start pushing 15 sec ad as well.

TextNow is free with  outgoing text while Fongo is NOT.  

Fongo can receive "some" shortcode (maybe because I have a ported number) but not all. 

TextNow can certainly recieve more shortcodes (still not sure if all), but you need to have a paid subscription to receive them, not cheap  

rikiz

That sounds awesome! Anyone here use textnow as an alternative to fongo? I've used it with free numbers but never ported my own! Thanks in advance again!

@rikiz another route to go  but involve lossing referral rewards is to port out to a VoIP provider.  Try Fongo.  There is a $25 charge to port into Fongo but free to port out later if you stay with them for 3month+

The cost is low and you get to keep your phone number.   If you are going to use the work phone for long and just to hang on to your personal number, this is a good choice, basically just $25 one time.  Also, when you are with Fongo, you get to receive calls and make calls on your personal number using the Fongo App.  Yes, you will loss your referrals bonus as your PM account will be closed.  But the suspend/reactivate trick cost $15/115 days.  So, it could be more economical to just pay $25 one time if you don't have too much monthly rewards. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Think of it actually as every 115 days. You pay, 30 days service, 85 days suspended, pay again. If you're on the rewards system and not points, it may be worth your while.

You could also go the dual-sim route and have both active which would keep the separation from personal and job.

rikiz

So I am getting a work phone so it would be an unknown amount of time. I'm trying out just having the one instead of both. I think I'll to the route of paying the 15 bucks every 85 days to keep my number! Unless you might have a different suggestion! 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

How long constitutes an extended amount of time for you?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you close your account everything is lost: number, referrals, bonuses, loyalty rewards, etc. And no refund.

PM has no option to put account 'on hold' for any period of time.

If you want to suspend your account for a time being these are your options:

- Remove autopay

Your account will be suspended for up to 90 days due to no payment. Be aware after 90 days of no payment your account will be delete, all lost.

- Downgrade your account to $15 Plan. Log in into your account at around 85th day and pay manually the renewal charge.

Your account will become active for a next month. Let it get suspended again. Repeat process above. This way only loyalty reward will be postponed but all other benefits stay.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rikiz 

If account is really closed, of course referrals will be lost.

But, How long you are talking about?  There are workaround without really closing the account to keep the referrals

You can suspend your account for no more than 90 days and then pay for one month (30 days) and then suspend for another 90 days like that in order to keep your account going and keep the referral

So, what you need to do

1.  Disable Autopay
  2.  Change the plan to $15 to save the total cost for this workaround 
  3.  Assuming you don't have any fund in Available Fund, let the plan expired after your current cycle.  Make note of the date of the end of the current cycle
  4.  At around 85th day after the current cycle expired, come back to My Account and pay for one month and reactivate the account.   Make sure it shows Active after you successfully paid and clicked Reactivate button.
       (Very important!!  if you missed the 90 days deadline, or you paid but didn't reactivate properly, your account would be closed permanently after the 90 days deadline and your number will be gone. 
    That's why do it on the 85th days and you have time to fix if there is any issue.  You have Community support here and you can open ticket with PM if you run into any issue)
  5.  The account will then active for another 30 days, you can then let it expire after the 30 days 
  6. .. then repeat from step 3 , until you are finally coming back
Need Help? Let's chat.