cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

JeanBennett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cancelled my PM only one day after getting it and I went back to Virgin but my credit card is still being charged 28.75 …. I’m going to report it to my bank but I want a refund!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JeanBennett 

open ticket with PM support and ask them maybe can help maybe not.

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Prepaid service is purchasing 1 month or 30 days service at a time. You purchased 30 days worth. Data is the main item in a cell plan these days and you could have potentially used your months worth of data up in that first day and then left. Now if you mean that you signed up and paid and then a month later you were billed for another month, something went wrong when you ported BACK to Virgin. Unless you didn’t port your number but got a new number at Virgin in which case you still have a Public Mobile plan whether you are using it or not.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you started service with PM you WILL and you have been charged for a month in advance. It does not matter if you cancelled 5 minutes after signing up.

You can go to your bank and ask for chargeback but I doubt you will get any refund as PM service and billing is very clear. PM's argument will be you used PM's service for a day for which you paid.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JeanBennett PM is prepaid and non refundable

So, you paid for the next 30 days of service.  People usually port out couple days before payment date to avoid losing money,.  As you are aware , you missed by a day, that is really not PM's fault

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JeanBennett You are/were on a prepaid plan it was your decision to leave there are no refunds sorry

Need Help? Let's chat.