cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel

Kianpuppy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid for the $39 plan, but do not need it.  I would like to cancel and get a refund.

13 REPLIES 13

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kianpuppy1 

If you simply selected the undesired plan, and you wish to remain a PM customer, the Customer Support Agents will likely move you to the desired plan and likely place any excess funds paid into your available funds.

If you wish to move to a higher value plan, they'll likely just ask for the remaining value to be paid to move you up.

If you wish to cancel altogether, then YES, you're out of luck and the money you paid for the SIM and the activation will be forfeited.  In this case, however, you may as well complete the activation and at least get 30 days service before moving to another provider as you've already paid for it.

@Kianpuppy1 so, PM charged you? you were using eSIM or physical sim? 

and it could be just sim provisioning issue, you are close to the finish line, don't give up. Open ticket and it could be fixed

Click "Yes, I'm a customer", then click "Sign In", once signed in, ignore the choices and type "Contact agent"
              Then click "Contact Us", and click "My Account".  Finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗ " and you can open the ticket
2. Or if you have trouble with Chatbot, Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Kianpuppy1  Did you try to reboot the phone or reset network settings , if that dose t work support may need to just reprovision the sim 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

OK, again, are you looking to REMAIN with Public Mobile, or just leave altogether?

If it didn't activate (as you state), it's possible the 'charge' you're seeing on your payment card may not settle and won't actually be an authorized charge.

Kianpuppy1

*611 takes me to Telus

Kianpuppy1

It was never activated.  So I can't even get past the Activate pagee

@Kianpuppy1 doesn't like the service? maybe you can share your experience and see if we can provide you some help and make you stay?

OK, @Kianpuppy1 , and was it that you want to select a DIFFERENT plan, or just cancel altogether?

Kianpuppy1

Brand new

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Firstly, @Kianpuppy1 , are you an EXISTING customer or BRAND NEW HERE and had second thoughts?

This matters - and I'll explain why when you reply.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kianpuppy1 

First there is no refund for PM as it is prepaid.  Sorry about that.  Make sure of the account till the end of the 30 days cycle

To "cancel" the plan, you can either port out your number to another provider and your account will be closed upon successful port out of the number

Or you can disable the toggle "Subscribed" to disable Pre-Authorized payment instead.  Once it is disabled, PM will not be able to renew your account on your next renewal , your account will then be suspended on that day and 90 more days, it will be closed

To disable Pre-authorized payment, you can use *611 if you know the 4 digits PIN

Or you can also login to My Account and go to Payment page -> Manage Subscribed, and then toggle the "Subscribed" to disable Pre-Authorized payment.  

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscriptionhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscription

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kianpuppy1  pM is pre paid so no refunds so you should just use it till before a day or two before your renewal and port number out and it will close out your account ,,, but if you don’t want to keep the number just sign j to

my account go to payment tab , manage subscription and toggle off the subscribed button 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kianpuppy1   Sorry, PM is prepaid service and do not provide refund or partial refund

What you need to do now is to make sure it wont' continue charging, stop autopay

dial *611 if you know the 4 digits PIN to stop autopay

or Login My Acocunt, Payment page, manage subscription and disable "Subscribed"

Need Help? Let's chat.