cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my plan

jasmim1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am trying to cancel my plan, but I don't have the option of removing my autopay, as the Chabot told me to do. 

Thank you 

looking forward for your help

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jasmim1234 

Here are your options for canceling your service:

1. Disable autopay either by logging into your self serve account and disabling it on the payment page or by calling the 611/IVR system (or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit #) and entering your 4 digit account pin # to access the autopay menu and disable it.
  2. Replace the payment card on file in your self serve account's payment page with a $0 gift credit card that will cause autopay to fail and suspend your services.
  3. Contact customer support to have your payment card removed from your account.
  4. Put a hold on your payment card before midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle. You can remove the hold the following day after noon eastern or anytime after your services are suspended.
  5. Suspend your service/account via lost/stolen in your self serve account that will prevent renewal.
  6. Port out your phone number to another provider or number holding service like Number barn.
  7. Write and send a letter to Public Mobile's 25 York St. Toronto Ontario  address indicating the date you would like your service to be canceled. (Allow for 30 days for this notice to be effective.)

All of these methods except (6)&(7) will suspend your service for 90 days at which point your account will be canceled and deactivated. (2) I can supply the details of a $0 credit gift card if this method interest you? Contact me via private message for the details.

If you have a $$ rewards account you could allow someone to take over your account as there are community members actively seeking $$ rewards accounts ( I'm one of them !) Or if you have a points account you could also give the account away to a friend or family member or donate it to a charity like a women's shelter.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jasmim1234 - you can call 611 from the public mobile device to remove autopay if you know the account PIN.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jasmim1234 

once logged into your self-serve account, tap the payments tab to the left, there will be a box that should be checked that says “enable auto pay”

Remove the check mark.

Nicolle1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sign in to Self-Serve 
1. Click on the Payment Tab
2. Click on the Manage AutoPay
3. Under "Manage your card" click on the check mark to the right to slide it to the off position.

4. "You are about to disable your pre-authorized payments." will pop up. Click "Disable pre-authorized payments"

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jasmim1234  If your port your number out it will cancel your account automatically, otherwise if you can sign into self serve go to payment tab and disable auto pay only other option is to contact support and remove your credit card altogether right away 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.