cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada/US 50g plan

MarkSquires
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone

Just wanted to know if I need to activate anything on my mobile device for my plan when traveling to the US . Currently sitting in my hotel room in San Fran after a long day of traveling (from NL) and wanted to make sure I'm not getting any extra changes to my bill.

It seems I auto connected to AT&T network and I have data-roaming turned on for my device. I also got an automated message from Public Mobile if I wanted to purchase an add on (I assume not needed if I'm on the Canada/US plan).

Thanks for any assistance 

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MarkSquires, just to add to what has been shared, if you have any issues with making or receiving calls but text and data continues to work fine, it's most likely a VoLTE issue with your phone. If this happens you will need to manually connect to T-Mobile. If it's still not working then you will also need to change your phone's settings to connect to 2G network. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MarkSquires 

No you won’t be charged for roaming as PM is a prepaid service so pay first to receive service. The notice is standard for members so ignore it if you have the Canada/USA plan.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MarkSquires 

the automated text from PM is normal for everyone, you will get it even when you have Canada-US plan

if you are connected to AT&T , and have roaming data turned on, and internet is working, that is all your need.  No worry about extra charges, PM is prepaid and you need to pay ahead before using anything.  If you can use , then you are fine

just in case one day you notice AT&T doesn't work well, you can manually change the network to T-Mobile or Verizon.  And it might be better to use 4G or LTE instead of 5G.  But if you are using 5G ok now, you can leave it

Need Help? Let's chat.