cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't verify with code because phone screen broken. How do I get into account?

LannyM1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son broke his phone screen.  I've been trying to log into his account to pay his bill, but they want to send a code.  His screen is black right now, getting it fixed this week.  I thought I had already marked my phone as a safe device but I guess not.  Help.  How do I get into his account?

5 REPLIES 5

LannyM1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you everyone.  I got it to send me the code via email.  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you did not receive or cannot receive your 2FA code by SMS - Click on: ‘Didn’t get a code’ and you will get more options. Chose email.

Yummy_0-1703694918059.png

Yummy_1-1703694921674.png

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @LannyM1 

Try this.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1703694818751.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_2-1703694818749.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LannyM1  can you put his SIM card in another phone to access the account and have code sent if not submit ticket with support to help you gain assess 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@LannyM1   Can you get the phone to speak it, through Siri if iPhone for example?  Android can do the same.  You  may be able to get the code sent to email or voicemail also.  You can also pay via 611.

Need Help? Let's chat.