cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t update payment method

Baidai21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help, my last Visa card expired in September so I’ve been trying to reactivate my plan with a new payment method but I keep getting errors. I’ve tried 3 different cards that for sure have enough money but get the same error each time. I’m getting screwed by not having my phone plan active and the online support has not been able to help me at all. @CS_Agent 

15 REPLIES 15

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Baidai21 

You don't want to lose your account. Here's more info on alternative methods of payment. Muskbird has a very quick turnaround time to recieve a voucher and they also have instant top ups.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/m-p/9...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

Edit:

Oops I already handed out this info. But @Baidai21 if you have a points account (do not switch if you have $$ rewards.) You can redeem for $15 bill credits to reactivate your account if you have enough points?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Point-Redemption-Bill-Credits-Account-Rea...

HI@Baidai21 

do not wait, please use Voucher to resume service first

If you are in Canada, get one from Shoppers Drug mark or gas station and then load the voucher using *611

if you are not in Canada, get a voucher online from recharge.com or ding.com and then login My Account to apply the voucher

Baidai21

Sorry it’s been awhile but I’m still having problems no matter what I do or how I do it it’s not accepting my payments, it’s close to the 90 days and I’ll lose my account which I really don’t want to do and I would love to stay with the company but at this point I don’t know what to do 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Baidai21 

BTW....what is the exact wording of the error message you are getting?

thanksi @maximum_gato 

but I think they can at least see what was wrong, like error code 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Agents can no longer add payment cards to accounts.

hi @Baidai21 

I am not sure if any of the workaround work. 

Voucher is a good quick fix to resume service 

But for fixing your problem, please submit ticket with CS agent here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@maximum_gato- Well someone has to keep the flame of support-alternatives lit. Happy to oblige.

1. Recharge.com - sends an email with a voucher code.

2. Muskbird.com - 1. Sends an email also, 2. Has an RTR option that deposits money straight in to your account. If you choose that then let us know if it in fact restarts the account or if the money just sits in balance.

Autopay is unaffected when there's a registered card and autopay is toggled on.

Baidai21

Ok what stores there’s lots of stores and also not an easy task as I live in the outside of any town or city and don’t have easy access to a car, also will using these methods take away my auto pay status that gets me $1 off my bill 

You have other options to pay rather than stressing over entering a card.

1. buy a voucher in lots of stores or online and dial 611 to enter it

2. Use real time payments in a few stores or one online.

That way you'll get services working again and then take your time figuring out adding the new card all the while you have working services.

Baidai21

None of this helped, I’ve tried on both Norma and incognito browsers on my computer and phone, I’ve tried the app I’ve tried everything, waiting everything I really need my phone and after years of no problems this is really pissing me off and the fact I can’t get real help by the company is **bleep**ing stupid, your ai is trash, you community posts are trash, none of your “support” can fix a **bleep** thing 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Baidai21 

Fixed? If you tried 5 times without success wait a full 24 hours before trying again. In addition to the advice given to you by @Dunkman  keep these tips in mind....

• You only get two attempts to update your card info or make any type of payment before having to wait out a full hour before trying again.
  • Do not attempt more than 5 tries in a 24 hour period using the same card info.
  • I suggest you clear your app or browser cache after each failed attempt and use secret /incognito mode each time. Reboot your device if you haven't done so today or each day.
  • You must start each info line fresh if you make a typo otherwise it will return an error message.
  • Take your time and be deliberate. Sometimes imputting the card numbers will take up to 5 seconds to register each digit. Typing too fast will screw up the sequence requiring you to start over.....do that twice and you have another hour wait. 
  • If at all possible use the pm app but only if it's solely used for your account only.

Good Luck!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Baidai21 

Website is finicky and has caching issues.

Try again in another hour.  Sometimes,  you are temporarily locked out. 

Try also with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Even try on a different device (preferably a labtop or PC).  Or you could also try on the app.

Also can purchase a payment voucher (gas station, Shoppers, etc) or online via sites like recharge.com (surcharge applies).  

Need Help? Let's chat.