cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update credit card information

jjmenright
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1000017567.png

 I've done this over 20 times on different days and the same message comes up. My credit card expires this month so I would like to update it ASAP so service isn't cut off.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jjmenright 

Some customers continue to have issues updating credit card information. 

Here is some troubleshooting advice from Public mobile:

If you are still experiencing issues with your card please note these details:

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

Hello @jjmenright 

First, please wait just over an hour or so, say 1.5 hours as the system locks you out for some reason trying to update your credit card. Apparently it's to somehow protect you from fraud. I dunno. Anyway, then download the app on your phone and make your change that way. If you already have the app on your phone, then if it fails the first time, then go into your app settings and clear the cache. Then try again. It should work. If not, reach out to a CS Agent linked below.

Strange @jjmenright  - mine works on website (not on mobile app)

I presume you're using the correct postal code, ensuring it's the SAME ONE the credit card bill address is.

It could also be since you'd tried so many times on the mobile device that your card issuer / public mobile has prevented further attempts and there is a 'lock' placed on this.

@jjmenright  this is all too common for public mobile website to never work properly , but have you reached  out to support to try and help you ? 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jjmenright
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1000017578.jpg

I did clear my cache and cookies. I opened an "incognito" tab. I still can't update my credit card information. I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing to get done. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jjmenright 

For this function, please use a desktop or laptop device to update your credit card using the website to log in:

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/

Before doing so, clear system cache and cookies and use a private/ incognito tab when logging in.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jjmenright  Note you can buy payment vouchers and load them *611 . Also you can message support to confirm what’s wrong and ask them to help you update the credit card info 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.