cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't renew grandfather plan 90-day earlier

Sedul
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ran out of data, and was advised that I cannot renew my grand father plan - which is a prepaid plan?

CSR Tony advised:

After checking, we saw that you are on a grandfathered 90-day plan, which is set to renew on 10.04. Please be aware that grandfathered rateplans cannot be renewed earlier, as they are no longer available.

1) What changed since two weeks ago? When I had data issues and other CSR's allowed for earlier renewal?

2) Where are the policies located - and when they change, where was the notification? (none were given)

3) Are the rules and policies made on the fly to get people off of old plans? hmmm

20 REPLIES 20

@Sedul 

You're welcome. $5 for an extra 2gb is well worth it and having greater flexibility to change plans or suspend your account if you travel with a 30 day plan makes it easier to manage.

If possible manually top up your account with the full $45 plan cost to hopefully avoid the current glitch or the autopay failure glitch at renewal when changing plans.

With the new self serve account:s limitations you may find this easier via 611 using your 4 digit account pin # to access your credit card.

Sedul

Thanks @darlicious for the clarifications. I've decided to go with a plan switch. to 6gb @ 4G for 2Gb more an extra $5 before tax. and at renewal cycle to take advantage of rewards.

$15 /1Gb is a better option if i need it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sedul 

Gawd!! So frustrating to deal with incompetence. Let's pretend you can't renew early. Your rewards will carry over to a new plan. But if you change plans before renewal your rewards will not apply until the following renewal leaving you down $27. Same goes if you renew early. So neither of these options to replenish your data make financial sense.

You would be better off purchasing $15/1gb. On average you normally use 1gb a week. You have almost 2 weeks left in your cycle. If you are really conservative with your usage you may make the 1gb last until renewal. Even if you have to purchase a second $15/1gb×2 =$30 - $27(rewards)=$3. The most you are out is $3 and any data you don't use from the add-ons will roll over at renewal.

The decision you have to make due to the lack of flexibility in your 90 day plan when you need more data is what you need to consider. Do you keep your plan which after rewards is $31/4gb/30 days with 4G speed? Or the options you have if you change plans per 30 days are:

• $31/5gb @3G speed ($6.20/$4.20)
  • $32.25/4gb @4G speed ($8.06/$5.56)
  • $36/6gb @4G speed ($6/$4.34)
  • $46/20gb @4G speed ($2.30/$1.80)

Your current plan minus rewards ($9) has a your data priced at $7.75/1gb. If you also subtract the 30-day plan cost it's $5.25/1gb. The advantage of scheduling a change plan on next renewal to a 30-day plan is it gives you greater flexibility to change plans according to your anticipated data needs. If you need to renew early or change to a higher data plan you would only forfeit $9 in rewards for your current 30-day plan rather than $27 in rewards with a 90 day plan. If you settle back into the same data usage as you have previously the 4G plan with 4GB is only $1.25 more per 30 days than you currently pay with your 90 day plan.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sedul 

so you looking for data, so why not to waiting for renewal, or buy it add-ons.

if you want to change plan to 30 day your rewards it's will be in your account for any plan it's will be there all rewards,

it's look nice for $55 20GB at 4G speed for 30 days  please $55 -your rewards $9 = $46 plus tax.

Sedul

Two CS Agent's Reached. Both says the system doesn't allow renew of grandfathered plans. my $120 for 3 months for 12gb. I have Discounts that bring it down to $93. Loyalty, Auto Payment, Refer a Friend. Anybody know if these carry over. It would suck if it doesn't. 

Offered below.

Also, managers have the same tools that we have and for that reason they aren't able to renew your 90 days plan early. Instead we can offer to change your plan to a 30 days plan and we have options such as:

$40 5GB at 3G speed for 30 days

$50 10GB at 3G speed for 30 days

$45 6GB at 4G speed for 30 days

$55 20GB at 4G speed for 30 days

Or, we can purchase a data add-on:

$15 1GB 

@Sedul To be fair, many call centers have this problem.  I imagine people in this job come and go. 

Reply the ticket and push them to have a senior staff to review it again.

Sedul

Not according to this agent. Saying the previous agents are incorrect.

Inconsistency is what I'm griping around here. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Sedul 

Better yet ask for a review link from Tony when you close your ticket.

Agents don't like asking for reviews in situations like this.  It is rather career limiting.  🙄

I also find that a link to review is almost never provided if the member asks for it, even if the customer is happy, never mind about when the customer is happy. They tend to only ask for a review when they know the issue was resolved properly. Occasionally, I get poor responses from CSAs that are copy and pasted details and accidently unrelated to what I asked about.  They never ask for a review in those cases.

Anyway, I would never pull a stunt like that on any of the CSAs unless I was intent on leaving the service.  If there is something wrong, it is best to let them know directly.  Backstabbing does not lead to better support next time but seeing eye to eye might.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

I guess it just must be all my years of customer service that I know how to ask for what I want. Besides you can make your own review link if you really want to leave an honest review to help improve public mobile's customer support.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

We see far too often that agents reply with complete rubbish. I've experienced it. We see images of wrong replies. We see copies of wrong replies. The agents are absolutely not infallible. I wish people didn't put so much weight on their replies. How often do people ask them something and go away with false information provided thinking that's that. Fortunately, we do see some come in here wondering wth and the regulars here give them the correct information or tell them to go back and escalate.

@Sedul wrote:

I ran out of data, and was advised that I cannot renew my grand father plan - which is a prepaid plan?

CSR Tony advised:

After checking, we saw that you are on a grandfathered 90-day plan, which is set to renew on 10.04. Please be aware that grandfathered rateplans cannot be renewed earlier, as they are no longer available.

very interesting and also incorrect

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Sedul 

Agents don't like asking for reviews in situations like this.  It is rather career limiting.  🙄

I also find that a link to review is almost never provided if the member asks for it, even if the customer is happy, never mind about when the customer is happy. They tend to only ask for a review when they know the issue was resolved properly. Occasionally, I get poor responses from CSAs that are copy and pasted details and accidently unrelated to what I asked about.  They never ask for a review in those cases.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I guess CSAs need to watch their back side.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I find if you are very polite and nice and say thank you very much I didn't know that I appreciate your time today please feel free to send me your review link. I almost always get one.

@darlicious wrote:

@Sedul 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sedul 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Sedul hi you could buy a data add on to tide you over and save the hastle 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sedul , this response does seem strange.  While customers do not have the option to early renew an existing plan, we have always been able to do so through the CSAs without pushback.  This might be a CSA that did not get the proverbial memo.  As recommended, best to try asking again.  By the way if you are finding the data bucket size to be too small, consider changing to a plan with a lot more data.  There is a $55 plan with 20GB that is pretty attractive.  Renewing that 90 day plan every month not at all wallet friendly.  

Sedul

Fair. thanks for the tip

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sedul 

Rather than argue with a brick wall say thank you very much and close your ticket and start over it'll probably be quicker.

Edit:

Unless you get lucky and get Tony again?🤔🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.