cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandfathered Call Center Plan - Switch to 90day 12gb plan?

mech9t5
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I know the new plan is for Freedom Mobile but I also know Public Mobile wants users off the grandfathered call center plan.

Would public make an exception for those customers?  My cousin is on the old grandfathered plan that has call center access and is looking to switch.  She did not know about the migration to koodo and is now paying the increased price.  If she can't move to this new freedom mobile plan, she will leave for another provider and save $7 per month ($36 400 mins and EW at 6pm Canada wide, 2gb data).

10 REPLIES 10

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mech9t5, just order a new public mobile SIM card, go to a freedom mobile store, sign up for their cheapest plan and port the current plan number over.  Activate the new SIM, port the number back from freedom.  Don't bother with asking for favors because it would be hard for them to make a special case for one customer and not open it up to everyone.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Also cant remember seeing it mentioned data is valid for 90 days so unused data in month 1 rolls over to months 2-3. But also you can go over in month 1 which reduces data. For month 2 and 3

@mech9t5, as you can see with what @mimmo has also presented that the price difference between 1 and 2 GB of data a month is very small.  Pluse her loyalty rewards will grow up to $5 a month which is $1 a month for every year with PM up to $5.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

imm1304

Hey @mech9t5,

Your cousin should call PM (611) because the grandfathered plan holders get access to the call center.  You will get a definitive answer directly from PM staff this way.  Good luck!

mimmo

@ShawnC13 ya beat me by a couple seconds about the loyalty rewards

mimmo

what plan is she looking at switching to?

She will be eligable for loyalty rewards if she switched to the  $40/month /2gb/month so that will probably take 2-3$ aditional off her bill depending how long she shas been with PM. (that reward maxes out at $5)

with autopay goes from $40 -2 (autopay) -2-3 (loyalty)= 35 or 36$

also most providers charge $10 for a sim.

not sure if that helps.  

@mech9t5, what about the 90 day 3GB (1GB month) Province wide calling and global texting. $111 - $6 for autopay =$105 or $35 a month.  On top of that her loyalty discount which is another ~$1-2 a month that she isn't eligible for on her current plan.  So she could be down aroung $33 a month for the 1 g a month.  If she needs long distance add the $8 200 minutes North American that don't expire until all used and I am sure they would last her a long time.  I think PM would still be a beneficial provider for here. *Unless* she really wants more data

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mech9t5
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13, $40 1gb canada wide plan (now $43).  The only other plan would be 2gb $38 which is more expensive than other providers for the same 2gb.  She doesn't care about unlimited mins as she only uses about 50-100mins per month.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

This only applies to current freedom customers.

She could switch to the unlimited province wide, unlimited text and 6gb data on a 90 day pass (equal to 2gb a month) for $120. If she signs up for auto pay, its equal to $38 a month, get a bit more for almost the same price. Only downside is that you lose koodo/call center support

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mech9t5, what plan is your cousing currently on?  Many of the new plans are already cheaper then what the grandfathered plans were.  I think the only one that didn't work out to a better deal is the one that is now $28 I think.

Need Help? Let's chat.