cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove voicemail notification on android

kidmilli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I received a spam voicemail on my samsung s22+ and promptly deleted it. The only problem is that the notification is still appearing at the top of my phone saying I have 1 new voicemail even though I currently have nothing in my inbox.

I have tried clearing my "phone" app data and restarted my phone several times, also triple checked to make sure I have no messages left in my inbox. How can I remove this annoying notification?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

MBR01

OK ... disregard.  After several attempt, the 'turn it off and back on' method worked (ie. my phone).  Should have done so before I posted!

MBR01

Hello: I'm having this issue too.  The voicemail symbol will not clear.  I have tried the above solutions to clear messages and saved messages several times.  No luck. Any other ideas? It's been several days now.

kidmilli

worked great! thank you!

@rikiz 

excellent feedback 👍

@kidmilli  When a message is received, it moves it to a saved message folder within voicemail so once you retrieve the message from there when going back in, just delete it and it should no longer trigger a notification on your device.

Recommendation would be in future that you delete the message once heard unless you have another reason to retain it.

Bear in mind that if you do wish to retain a message there are time limits on how long the system will retain it, so just be sure to re-save it before that time expires.

rikiz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@kidmilli wrote:

Hello, I received a spam voicemail on my samsung s22+ and promptly deleted it. The only problem is that the notification is still appearing at the top of my phone saying I have 1 new voicemail even though I currently have nothing in my inbox.

I have tried clearing my "phone" app data and restarted my phone several times, also triple checked to make sure I have no messages left in my inbox. How can I remove this annoying notification?

Thanks

Hey kidmilli! I've had this happen before. I had to go into my voicemail service again, delete all messages by tapping "7" and even though there were no messages to begin with, once I left the voicemail service the notification was gone.

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.