cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't recieve calls

smr2304
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got the public Mobile service and I can make calls, but can't recieve any. I hope someone can help me 

10 REPLIES 10

JL9
Mayor / Maire

So you l just selected a number from the list PM provides. This would usually be a porting issue by the sounds of it but since that isn't the case it sounds like a network issue. Have you tried all the steps above l, rebooting, going into network settings etc 

@smr2304 wrote:

There is a message, it says: 6un1 the number you try to reach is not in service. I can make calls but not receive calls

This absolutely rules out this being an issue with your device or your device's settings.  Other than perhaps having call forwarding enabled to an inactivate phone number, which you would have to manually do, there isn't anything that you could do on your end to fix this. You'l need the help of a customer support agent. Instructions were provided earlier in this message thread.

That is usually a network issue. But you can call out, right? how about texts and data?

Did you try the 3G or WCDMA only (as @hTideGnow already posted) in your mobile connections are of your phone?

Maybe this will clear up on its own, but since this is a new activation, perhaps submit a ticket with CSA to check things out on their end.

smr2304

There is a message, it says: 6un1 the number you try to reach is not in service. I can make calls but not receive calls

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@smr2304  if someone else picks up, then you were assigned a number that belongs to someone else…this is not supposed to happen btw, but it has happened before, then log into your self serve account and go to My Profile area, and click on the Change Number option.

Then change your number, there is no charge to do this, this should fix you up.

Or, if you are just receiving an error message, and you restarted your phone and performed a reset of the network settings, then submit a ticket with CSA to check on your account.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Hi @smr2304  You can try to set to 3G only or WCDMA Only.

Next thing to try is to re-seat your sim card once.

@smr2304 what happens when you call your number from another cell or landline. Is there a message?

smr2304

I didn't transfer any old number. I only have the public mobile's sim in my phone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@smr2304  - try performing a reset of the device's network settings.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you transfer an old number in? If so did you leave the old sim in to confirm a text from them? Maybe also try a simple restart.

Need Help? Let's chat.