cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive text to log in to an app

STQ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a strange problem with not being able to receive a verification code text in order to log in to an app. Specifically the newly updated Esso Mobil app.

What makes this strange is that 1, I'm still able to receive texts from other sources, including verification code texts from all other apps and sites that I normally use. And 2, I tried entering my mom's phone number into the Esso Mobil app and a text was successfully sent to her phone.

So the weird thing is, I'm able to receive texts like normal from all sources except that one app, but the app doesn't seem to be the problem because it was able to successfully send a text to a different phone.

Anyone have any ideas as to why it's happening and how to fix it?

39 REPLIES 39

metals

thanks for reporting.

Actually, I am able to sign in to PC Optimum app direct, but cannot sign in via the Esso and Mobil app, and therefore cannot link PC Optimum card to my Esso account.  Will write to Esso to see what happen.

STQ

Yes, it works for me now too. Was also able to link PC Optimum without trouble.

jlcameron

I just got gas an hour ago, lo & behold, the text came through! 

metals

OK, there seems to be a technical issue with PC Optimum app at this moment, as I receive such message on screen when I tried to sign in via the PC Optimum app direct.  Previously, I was trying to sign in through the Esso and Mobil app instead.

Guess I just have to try again later.

HI @metals 

if you are not new PM customer, then your problem maybe a PC Optimum app problem

Try to uninstall and reinstall using Wifi and check

metals

Hi, I'm not sure if I understand your question.  What is 2FA code?  What do you mean "ported your number into PM"?

But I have been using speedpass+ app for quite a while, linking with my PC Optimum card without problems.  Now I try to sign in with PCid in the Esso and Mobil app but getting stuck with "Loading" screen.  Retry several times without success.

HI @metals 

but is the PC Optimum card app waiting for 2FA code?  If it is, may I know how many days you ported your number into PM ?  It usually take a day to 7 days for all 2FA code to start coming.  So, if you joined and ported your number for less than a week, please wait and try the app again after couple more days

metals

Now I can receive the verification code for my phone number.

But next comes another problem is that I cannot link my PC Optimum Card.

The screen is stuck with "loading" and never pass through it.

valenting
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good news! Looks like it works now

Ny168

having the same issue

Aprilz

I am having the same issue with the new Esso mobil App

Pedram1

Service works with no issue, including making and receiving calls and texts.

Maes1

I can confirm I have this problem as well, with 2FA texts from the Esso Mobil app not arriving on my Public Mobile number. I have had this number for years so it wouldn't be a 'new number transfer' issue. Other 2FA texts arrive without issue, and I can both receive and send both calls and regular SMS otherwise.

Currently on hold with Exxon Mobil /Esso to try and figure out if there's a workaround besides using someone elses' phone number.

STQ

My mom is on Telus and the app was able to send a text to her phone. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with the entire Telus network. Seems to just be a PM problem since so many more members are posting that they can't receive texts from Esso either.

metals

I am havin the same problems that I haven't received verification code for my mobile phone.

I believe the problem lies with Esso rather thann PM cos I have been using speedpass+ app for quite some time and never have a problem to log in the old app.

I emailed to Esso but haven't got a reply yet.

I h

HI @Pedram1 

your service works? can you receive inbound calls?

Pedram1

Same issue here!

@parlaminty @STQ 

so, both of you cannot get the Esso code? Maybe problem with Esso? 

do you have any friend using Koodo or Telus and uses Esso?  Check with them as well 

parlaminty

Same issue here with the Esso Mobil app. 

Waa

I have same problem with the Esso Mobil app. I emailed the app contact but no reply except to acknowledge receipt.

TOMTEC

I am having this same issue with the Esso / Mobil app sending a text message verification code, and nothing arriving on my PM number. I can still receive verification codes from other apps and websites without issue. Very strange, and annoying. Without the code, there is no alternative way to log in.

JC24

Ah yes, sorry about that, I ended up creating a new account with another email address. 

STQ

@jlcameronI'm still signed in with my own account, not a newly created one. Except when it asks to enter the phone number, I use my mom's. Now my account shows my mom's number in my profile. I want to change it back to my number, but just like you, I get the verification code message but never receive a text from them.

jlcameron

If you Google esso mobil app, I found another site full of complaints about gift cards and discount cards too - hoping there's an update with fixes very soon. 

jlcameron

But I'm not even able to get in to change the number without getting the code - not sure I'm asking this properly - did you create a whole new profile with your family member number? 

JC24

My number is a new number from public mobile. I did not port a number from another carrier. 

JC24

I ended up using my sister's number (not with public mobile) to get through the verification. I have not changed it back to my public mobile number. 

jlcameron

How did you get past the verify code part to change the phone number? I'm having the same issue. I need to get gas & linking the app to my purchases helps me keep track of my receipts I need at tax time. So frustrated!! 

STQ

@softechNope. It's always been a mobile number.

@STQ is your number originally a landline number and you ported into PM??

Need Help? Let's chat.