cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive phone calls

zinoland
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can’t receive phone calls Me and my wife just recently changed to a public mobile our phones are not working we get phone calls sporadically when people have been trying to reach us for days and I need my phone for my job and the long week and is finished and my phones is still not working

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@zinoland wrote:

Can’t receive phone calls Me and my wife just recently changed to a public mobile our phones are not working we get phone calls sporadically when people have been trying to reach us for days and I need my phone for my job and the long week and is finished and my phones is still not working

@zinoland 

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@zinoland 

As noted @AE_Collector, if you still have your old SIM. Try putting it back in the phone to check whether it still make calls. If it does, your porting was not completed.

Also, did you leave the old SIM in the phone and got a text from the previous carrier to confirm with YES that you are porting over to PM?

Try powering down the phone with the PM SIM and wait a couple of minute then powering it back on to see if that works.

If all fails, contact a PM moderator by clicking on the SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator or human to help you complete your porting.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think it is possible when porting a number in from other than a Telus company that even if the port failed (possibly due to not waiting to receive a text from old carrier to confirm that you want to port out) that you will receive calls from Telus, Koodo and PM phones but not from the “other guys”. The next thing we need to know is if you kept your old SIM card in the phone, received the text for confirmation that you wanted to port out, confirmed and then switched SIM card. If not, the port failed.

From my personal experiences and from talking to a few friends who have ported to Public Mobile, incoming calls do not come to the Public Mobile service on a failed or incomplete port even if it's from within the Telus network.  That's only for text messages.  I tried this before and calls from within Telus continued to go to old carrier until the porting was 100% finalized.

I think it is possible when porting a number in from other than a Telus company that even if the port failed (possibly due to not waiting to receive a text from old carrier to confirm that you want to port out) that you will receive calls from Telus, Koodo and PM phones but not from the “other guys”. The next thing we need to know is if you kept your old SIM card in the phone, received the text for confirmation that you wanted to port out, confirmed and then switched SIM card. If not, the port failed.

AE_Collector

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zinoland 

Sorry to hear you're not getting some of your phone calls!  😞  If you can help us with even more detail, it would help us give you some ideas.

Porting - If you transferred your phone number from another provider, it can take a couple hours for different parts to transfer over.  Unfortunately, if it's been a few days, the process may not have completed properly.  If that's the case, I can send you the Telus Porting Team who can help you.

Phone & Signal - I have to ask, are you using a decently reliable phone that's getting good signal being connected to Public Mobile?  Do you see any error messages (on your phone screen)?

What happens if you test by calling yourself?  Does data work (and what about wifi)?  We're trying to narrow down where the problem may be.  😞

@zinoland wrote:

Can you clarify if you are receiving no phone calls or if by sporadically, do you meant that you are getting some of them?  Also, by chance when you are able to receive calls, are you using the SIM card from your previous carrier (if there is one)?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zinoland , by chance did you port in your old phone number?  If so, you might not have authorized the port and so calls are going to your old service.  You can confirm this by checking whether your old service is still working.  This announcement covers the porting process.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Need Help? Let's chat.