cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts fro certain people

terryinSA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just joined Public on Feb. 26. Although I can call or text anyone, I can't receive calls or texts from certain people - my son and my wife (both on Virgin). But I can receive texts and calls from other people - my sister (don't know her provider). Any idea why this is happening?

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@terryinSA wrote:

Just joined Public on Feb. 26. Although I can call or text anyone, I can't receive calls or texts from certain people - my son and my wife (both on Virgin). But I can receive texts and calls from other people - my sister (don't know her provider). Any idea why this is happening?

@terryinSA wrote:

@terryinSA  - have you tried to :

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

@terryinSA   ask you friend to leave a voice message and see if you can retrieve it from your PM SIM

You can also try to put your Bell/Virgin SIM into a phone and see if it works (it shouldn't)

Also, what kind of phone you are using with the PM sim now?  brand and model?

Try to put the network setting to 3G ONLY or WCDMA ONLY and see if you can receive calls better.  It might be just a reception issue, you might have poor connection and hence calls got routed to VM instead.  Hope the 3G ONLY settings could resolve the issue for now

terryinSA

The calls that I didn't ring my phone went straight to voicemail. I don't know if it was a PM or a Virgin voicemail. I will have to look into that. One Telus customer could phone me; another Telus customer could not; one Koodo could call me but then could not.

@terryinSA wrote:

Tried 3 people:

Jim, provider= Telus. He could not phone me

Roger, provider= Telus. He COULD phone me

Christine, provider= Koodo. She could not phone me, although, strangely, she could phone me 2 hours ago and could text me as well., 2 hours ago.  Weird.

@terryinSA   When your friend who could not phone you, did the call ended up to your voicemail?  was that a PM voice mailbox? or Rogers?  or they got an error message? if error message, what was that?

terryinSA

Tried 3 people:

Jim, provider= Telus. He could not phone me

Roger, provider= Telus. He COULD phone me

Christine, provider= Koodo. She could not phone me, although, strangely, she could phone me 2 hours ago and could text me as well., 2 hours ago.  Weird.

@terryinSA   if other Bell friends cannot call you as well and you confirm friends from other providers,  like Rogers, Telus, can reach youplease ask your wife to open ticket with Bell. 

This could be an issue on the Bell side.  When a Bell (or Virgin) customer tries to call you, Bell system still "thought" you are with Bell and not route your call out of Bell network.  This is something that Bell needs to clear up on their end instead.

terryinSA

I ported in my old number from Virgin Mobile (Bell, I think). 

I will phone a couple of friends, ask who their provider is, and see if they can phone me. Thanks for the suggestion.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@terryinSA   Did you port in your old number from another provider?  If so, which one?

Can you find a friends from Bell Mobility and confirm if you can receive text and calls from these Bell's phones?

Need Help? Let's chat.