cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or call out.

Geena1399
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data and texts work. 

I have done everything that I needed to and it still isn't working. 

I am in the USA, my husband's phone is also with Public and his works fine. 

7 REPLIES 7

Ssm

Did you newly activated? In that case call Tellus CS they'll remotely help you

@dust2dust 

I gotta scratch my head, wondering what the reasoning is for PM to not turn ON volte on all volte phones...not just a small list. They've re-intro'd those Canada / US plans so they know snow-birds are demanding service while in US.  🤔

Do you know if your phone has been enabled for volte here yet? If not then your only option is connecting to T-Mobile and hoping it will switch down to 2G GSM for calls. Or you can change down to 2G GSM manually. But then it's still a matter of coverage. Talk and text will work on 2G GSM. Data and text works on 5G and 4G LTE on T-Mobile and 4G LTE on AT&T.
What's the make and model of the phone?

@Geena1399 

try turning off 5G in the settings and select LTE or 4G....then try your call again.

Geena1399

Yes, I have the US Canada plan

I have done all that and have seen the AT&T on my screen but still wouldn't work. 

I will try again. Thanks 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Geena1399 

did you get the talk/text/data add-ons ? If so, you might not have a volte enabled phone. The raoming talk portion has been degraded to US retiring their 3G service. Without volte enabled, you're restricted to using their 2G service and it's not a very good experience in most cases now. What make / model is your phone ?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Geena1399 - do you have a Canada/USA calling plan, or the correct Roaming addon with calling included purchased?

Try restarting your phone, or preforming a reset of the device's network settings. This can help you get connected to the proper network.

After you do above, do you see AT&T in your network options of the device?

Need Help? Let's chat.