cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls from rogers

Chumin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I just port my number from Fido. A few days have passed and I find that I can call and receive calls from landlines and telus, but not from Roger's. Anyone could help me here?

19 REPLIES 19

Chumin

When people call me, it goes to fido services. But I have called to the support for a few times, they all told me the porting is competed. Nothing they can do. 

I am afraid to just cut off fido if something happen.

@Chumin wrote:

As far as I know, my friends from rogers can't call me. Bells, tells and landlines are able to call me. 

When I call out, people can see my number.

I'm from android.

The number that it shows when you call others would show the number that you ask to port to Public Mobile even if porting hasn't finished (or failed).  This is because Public Mobile assign that phone number to your Public Mobile account immediately even before it's known if the porting will complete properly.

@Chumin wrote:

Everything works but not receive calls from rogers

When a Rogers customer tries to call, does it go to your Fido service?  If it does do that, porting has not been completed.   If however, when a Rogers customers call, doesn't ring on your Fido service, this could be intercarrier routing issue. This is something that Public Mobile customers support agents would need to deal with.

As for your Fido service still working, it is actually possible for it to still work even after porting has completed.  I'm aware that succesful porting out is supposed to cancel your Fido service automatically,  but that sometimes doesn't happen.  I'm personally expereienced this when porting out from a different carrier to another carrier, and in the end, I had to get to old carrier to manually cancel the service.   The danger with that is how that would actually make the number porting fail if it hasn't already completed.

If no one else has any ideas, I hope you've already sent a message to support. Apparently only Rogers calls and that the Fido sim is still working. Messed up.

Chumin

As far as I know, my friends from rogers can't call me. Bells, tells and landlines are able to call me. 

When I call out, people can see my number.

I'm from android.

Back to Rogers. You keep mentioning Rogers but you came from Fido (which belongs to Rogers). What about Fido? Chatr?
From your first question, the Telus thing makes sense. So then I ask about Bell etc.
It makes no sense to me that your old services are still working but that the porting support say it's all done. Something's wrong somewhere (obviously).
When you call out does the other end see your proper number? iphone or Android?

Chumin

Everything works but not receive calls from rogers

Then somebody's lying. If your old sims are working then the port is not done. Are you able to receive calls from say Bell/Virgin/Lucky? Or some landline? And you replied to that Fido confirmation text?

Chumin

They both work

So your Fido sim in a phone doesn't work now? Or esim?

@Chumin  Please submit ticket with support , use this direct link to get help 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chumin

I have called to the porting team. They said my number has been ported completed. Nothing else they could do. It has been a few days already that I can't receive calls from Roger's. Anyone can help?

HI @Chumin 

please call the porting team number I sent you earlier

Chumin

I have tried without success. 

Chumin

Yes, I did. Fido Sim and esim are both working on my phone. I got the confirmation for the port from fido. 

Chumin

Thanks a lot in advance.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you leave your Fido sim in a phone to confirm the transfer? Put that sim in a phone and then make that call that was given and reply to the text when it arrives.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Chumin  Try resetting network setting see if that helps 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Chumin 

i will send you a porting team number to confirm if the port was completed.  Yes, you got incoming calls, but if you got only from Telus, it could still mean porting was stuck.  Please check your community inbox for the phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.