cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make calls out but can receive calls

Jennarose15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

19 REPLIES 19

I have the $15 plan as a backup.  If I use all my out going minutes, the number of minutes will fall away from the overview page.  This is by design (unfortunately).

using the cell phone to retrieve voicemail calls will also use outgoing minutes, but incoming calls diverted to voicemail will not.

if everything else is working correctly, it is almost certain the 100 minutes have been consumed.

As stated, additional minutes can be added for as low as $5/500 Canadawide.  

Double check the call is being dialed correctly.  ''Tis old gie a similar error.

Jennarose15

thanks will do that 

@Jennarose15 if that's the case I would send the moderators a message to check it out!  Click here to send a message https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Also you can add 5$ to your available funds and then buy the 5$ 500 minute add on to be able to use the phone for outgoing calls until its all sorted out 

Jennarose15

@GR  i literally went throught the whole month and rounded up the mins.... she has 10 incoming mins of phone and 7 mins of outgoing.... not adding to the 100 mins... we are new to this company but very frustrating... thank you for your responses

@Jennarose15 wrote:

But i literally went through our history and it was like 3 mins of outgoing .... the package says 100 mins ... 

If you retrieve messages via voicemail, that will count against your 100 minutes.  All minutes are rounded up to the nearest minute, so a call lasting 1 min 20 seconds will use up 2 minutes from the plan minutes available.  Just add the inexpensive $5/500 Canada wide minutes which only get used when plan minutes are all used up and unused mins will keep rolling over until depleted as suggested by @hairbag1 earlier.

@Jennarose15  if you're sure you only used 3 minutes you should contact the moderator_team to look at the account!  Voicemail calls count toward your minutes and also call forwarding count as minutes. When you log in towards the bottom of the page where it says add on if you don't see the minutes there it means they're used up

Jennarose15

But i literally went through our history and it was like 3 mins of outgoing .... the package says 100 mins ... 

@Jennarose15 if you only see data it means you have no minutes left. You'd need to purchase the 5$ 500 minute add on to be able to call out. The 500 minutes will roll over every month until used up! 

Jennarose15

I only see the data on this... even asked another firend and she only sees data also 

Log into My Account / My Data & Adds...you should see the balance of your 100 minutes displayed there. If there's no balance showing...that means you've used up your 100 minutes of outbound calling...as suggested by @dabr 

Jennarose15

@hairbag1  i lookedd and i only see the data listed and the amount i have used... i added up the outgoing calls and its only like 3 mins in total used 

You've likely used them up for this period. You can wait until next renewal for another 100 minutes. You can also get a calling add-on that costs $5 and you'll get 500 more minutes of Canada wide calling. Those minutes don't expire at end of renewal...they'll roll over until you use them up. Good option to have if you have a limited calling plan like the $15 plan.

@Jennarose15 wrote:

It says 100 min out going 

Log into your account and in the overview page (under my data/add-ons), you should be able to see if any of your 100 mins are still there.  If the line is missing then you've used up your minutes and will need to buy the add-on as suggested by @hairbag1 .

Jennarose15

I looked at the mins doesn’t look like she’s gone near the 100 mins 

Jennarose15

It says 100 min out going 

Jennarose15

Yes but says 100 mins 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jennarose15   If @hairbag1  suggestion that you have run out of mins is correct and you have used up all your plan minutes, then just a reminder that purchasing add-ons is a two step process of first adding the funds needed and then selecting your add-on of extra minutes.  These minutes will also roll over every month until used up and a great back up for the times you may use up your limited plan minutes.

@Jennarose15 

By any chance, are you on the $15 plan that includes unlimited incoming calls? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Perhaps you've run out of outgoing call minutes. Consider getting the $5 / 500 minute Canada wide calling add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.