cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls on new plan

tak1070
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up on a $10 plan that includes 50 minutes province wide access but it won't let me make or receive calls though the text is working fine. When I check my usage online the talk minutes don't show up but my remaining text and add-ons do.

How can I correct this problem?

9 REPLIES 9

You can access your voicemail by using a landline phone.  Call the voicemail access number for your calling area (it will be in your call settings), and follow the prompts.

Yes, forwarding to voicemail uses talk minutes.  Honestly, if you do not provide the number to anyone else, it's a great plan.  However, for those who may not have landlines, it sucks.

The $25 unlimited talk and text may be a better value for you.

tak1070

Someone is leaving messages in my voicemail that count towards my talk minutes.

Can't access my voicemail at all until I pay for more talk minutes.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tak1070 wrote:

Checked my usage and see an unknown number using up all my minutes in voicemail.

Can you explain this further. Are you checking your voicemail using your cell phone?  Or someone else is leaving a message and that counts towards your 50 mins even if you retrieve them using another number or don’t retrieve them at all. 

@tak1070

That is unfortunate.  Voice mail and call forwarding also count as minutes.  

You can try to "disable voice mail" be extending your greeting.  Check the knowledge article on voicemail to extend greeting.  

If you really need more minutes, you could buy a long distance addon, 400 minutes for $15.  These minutes can be used for local calling, never expire and unused minutes roll over each month.  Or you could renew your plan earlier by contacting moderator.  

tak1070

Checked my usage and see an unknown number using up all my minutes in voicemail.

Dunkgirl

@tak1070

If you go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/ and scroll through all the pages from last 2 weeks since you signed up you never see any minutes used?

Dunkgirl

@tak1070 wrote:

I Signed up 2 weeks ago but never tried calling anyone.

Upload a screen shot plz (minus private details)

If you have never used minutes and its missing from your add-on there may be a problem when signing up for your plan, if so you would want to contact the moderator team to ask for assistance to fix it

tak1070

I Signed up 2 weeks ago but never tried calling anyone.

Dunkgirl

@tak1070 wrote:

I signed up on a $10 plan that includes 50 minutes province wide access but it won't let me make or receive calls though the text is working fine. When I check my usage online the talk minutes don't show up but my remaining text and add-ons do.

How can I correct this problem?

When did you sign up? Were the minutes working before? Are you sure the 50 minutes are not used up? What happens if you try to make a phone call? What happens if someone calls you? Can you take a screenshot of self serve (but blank out personal info) and post it here please.

Under Add-on's it will say

-------------------------------------

My Data & Add-Ons

Limited Canada-Wide Talk X / 50 minutes

--------------------------------------
But will not say 50/50 when used up. It will just disappear.

Need Help? Let's chat.