cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls from US with roaming add-on

MJMI
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a roaming package for travel to the US but I can't make an outgoing call. I dial the number (including to voicemail) and nothing happens. I have restarted my phone, etc. 

15 REPLIES 15

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Cooled123456789 wrote:

There are many posts about it. The 3g shutdown of service affects the ability to call in the U.S. I'm currently in the US and I don't even have service :(.

You have many options in the US for prepaid SIM cards for voice/text/data.  Until PM/Telus gets their act together with VoLTE, one is playing Russian roulette roaming south of the border with PM...and the odds are stacked in favour of the house unfortunately. 😉

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MJMI wrote:

Thanks - tried manually selecting T-Mobile and switched from LTE to 3G (only 2 options appear for me) then set back to LTE and it works now!

@MJMI 

I read a post recently about using LTE to call while using US roaming add-on to call in US..

Thank you for your update.

Have a great vacation in US.

MJMI

Thanks - tried manually selecting T-Mobile and switched from LTE to 3G (only 2 options appear for me) then set back to LTE and it works now!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MJMI wrote:

Text and data are working fine

@MJMI  - in the Connections settings in your device, check out what you have selected under Mobile networks. Auto connect with LTE is a good default to be on. But try either the 3G or 2G only settings and see if the call completes temporarily.

esjliv_0-1622501638903.png

MJMI

Text and data are working fine

MJMI

Washington State - connected to T-Mobile

MJMI

Yes - it auto connected to T-Mobile

MJMI

Yes before leaving and am still within the 10 days. Looks like it's an issue with the available network as @Timer  has mentioned.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@MJMI 

check this out   US Roaming Add ons

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MJMI 

US roaming add-ons expires 10 days after the purchase date whether you are in US or not.  This is a minor details.

Did you purchased your US roaming add-on just before leaving Canada?

@Cooled123456789 you tried T-Mobile's? Their 2G might help your voice roaming

But text and data roaming should be good on both AT&T's and T-Mobile's LTE networks

Cooled123456789

There are many posts about it. The 3g shutdown of service affects the ability to call in the U.S. I'm currently in the US and I don't even have service :(.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MJMI first check if your phone is connected to T-Mobile,

if not, try to manually connect to it

Also, which city and state you are at now?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MJMI 

Did you manual connect your Cellular Network Selection to AT&T or T-Mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.