cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 4G plans

mrblunt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched over from the 10.5GB 3G plan to the new 6GB 4G plan but i am not seeing the 4G sign, i am still getting the LTE+ and will not reach anything faster than the 3G speed on Speedtest (3mbps) at the moment.

How long should i expect to see the 4G sign and get the actual 4G network speed?

TIA.

5 REPLIES 5

cdnbkr

Thanks.  I realize they are 30 day plans which makes my issue even more pressing.  My current cycle starts on Aug 1 which means now that I'm late by 5 days counting the 48hr time period.  Nice to know it has worked for some but my experience has been frustrating.  I'll try to get ahold of a moderator.

@cdnbkr wrote:

That has not been my experience.  Our old 3g plan turned over on the 2nd of every month.  We ordered the 4g plan to start on Aug 1 one whole week before that date.  PM started charging us for the new plan effective Aug 1.  It is now Aug 6 and we still only have 3g.  Has anyone actually had a successful shift to 4g within the stated 48hrs?

Yes, many people, including myself have changed plans without issue.  As for your plan renewal dates, it would not be renewing on the 2nd of each month as Public Mobile's plans are 30 days long.  Plesae check in your Self Serve account for your most recent/next renewal date so see when your plan change should have occured and when you can expect the faster speeds.

cdnbkr

That has not been my experience.  Our old 3g plan turned over on the 2nd of every month.  We ordered the 4g plan to start on Aug 1 one whole week before that date.  PM started charging us for the new plan effective Aug 1.  It is now Aug 6 and we still only have 3g.  Has anyone actually had a successful shift to 4g within the stated 48hrs?

mrblunt

Thanks for the prompt reply esjliv, i will then wait 48 hours from now on.

Thank  you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

After switching from a 3G to a 4G plan, it is said that it will take about 48 hours to show after the switch @mrblunt 

Need Help? Let's chat.