cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make any calls, all circuits are busy!

shawn102
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the past week I have been unable to make ANY calls at all using Public Mobile in Cambridge during the entire day. The message I get says 2UT1 all circuits are busy, This goes on everyday while my parents who are customers of Bell never have a problem.

What is going on? I understand there is maybe some overload but it is insane that I cannot make any calls this whole week but everyone else can!

11 REPLIES 11

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

And people wonder why some choose to keep their land lines.....

shawn102
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

TextNow is crap. 90% of the time the person on the other end can't hear you and you'll find yourself yelling with your lips glued to the microphone. Totally not ideal.

Add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. It doesnt seem to be affected by these dropped calls. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and viola you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. Thank you

Yeah, as others have said, it's rather "hit or miss"..... on Tuesday, I made a call to our mechanic, on the 1st try, but later I tried 3 or 4 times, in close succession, to call my wife's cell, and it wouldn't go through at all. I didn't bother trying again later, since it was just an experiment anyway, due to someone else posting on these forums with the same issue that day.

@BearFBI wrote:

Really i just joined today and everything is fine?

Welcome to PM!

Theta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm based in Burnaby (North), BC 

Data works solid, texts are going through lightening fast. Its just cellphone calls that are affected. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Really i just joined today and everything is fine?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thats really weird. Try contacting a moderator chat with SIMon and ask for a human i wonder what they have to say about this 

Theta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined Public yesterday and have been facing the same problem. Glad to know its not perpetual. 

I usually find that on my second or third time trying, it goes through. Not ideal by any standard but apparently the same issue has been plaguing other networks as well. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@shawn102 

It spiked recently I just keep retrying till it goes through

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shawn102 wrote:

For the past week I have been unable to make ANY calls at all using Public Mobile in Cambridge during the entire day. The message I get says 2UT1 all circuits are busy, This goes on everyday while my parents who are customers of Bell never have a problem.

What is going on? I understand there is maybe some overload but it is insane that I cannot make any calls this whole week but everyone else can!

@shawn102  Since Bell and Telus share the same towers then the only explanation would be that your parents have access to VoLTE (4G) but PM only uses 3G for calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.