cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into my account

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just ported my number out to Bell. Now I can't sign into my account to disable autopayment. Why is that? Is it because my account is not active? Will I be charged on renewal date even I am not with public mobile anymore? Pretty strange I couldn't log into my account all of sudden.

9 REPLIES 9

@hTideGnow- I was making a poor joke on your wording. I know what you mean. I was just joking on the words.

"I will monitor your Credit card"

Hi @dust2dust   by monitor, I meant login to credit card around the next supposed to be renewal date and then check if there is another PM charge, I think it is doable, isn't it?

@hTideGnow- How will you monitor their credit card? 🙂

@fsm7268- Yes there have been sporadic reports of accounts continuing to get charged. Simply should never happen. But as with any service one might intend to leave, one should always remove payment methods. Unfortunately, now, here, with this new system, we can no longer remove the credit card. Stupid. But we can change it....to an empty visa gift card. Then it would fail anyway if it really just had to want to do a charge. Which it shouldn't.

But for you and your friend it's all too late. You could pause your card the evening before your previous renewal date and then turn it back on the next day. Then it would fail too if it tried.

HI @fsm7268 

for your friend, ask her to message PM support and they will arrange refund

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

For you , you already ported out, so, you really cannot login and check.  99%, PM won't charge you again.  I will suggest to  ( 🙂  thanks @dust2dust  )  monitor your Credit card around the surpassingly next payment date.  Of course, you can message PM Support to confirm as well

@fsm7268 

Then get a hold of a customer service agent and have them totally remove your CC from your account ☺️

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you sure? I had a friend ported out from public mobile to Bell, she was charged every month  for almost a year till she paid attention to her credit card bill

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@fsm7268 

When you port out your account it's closed for good automatically. So you can't login anymore.   Don't worry you shouldn't be charged any more in the future.

Have a customer service agent totally remove your CC from your account so you won't be charged in the future.  But you'll have to ask for that to happen.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@fsm7268 hi after you port out your number your account is permanently closed you should not be charged any further payments 

@fsm7268 wrote:

I just ported my number out to Bell. Now I can't sign into my account to disable autopayment. Why is that? Is it because my account is not active? Will I be charged on renewal date even I am not with public mobile anymore? Pretty strange I couldn't log into my account all of sudden.

You should not be charged. You can't log in to the Public Mobile account because it has been closed and that was done when the porting to Bell completed.

Need Help? Let's chat.