cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t download public mobile app.

Soph38
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just arrived from Denmark, and am trying to set up a new account with public mobile, but I am unable to download the app as it says it’s not available in my region (although I have just changed my region from Denmark to Canada). 
Can I activate the eSIM and my account, without downloading the app first? 

3 REPLIES 3

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

what phone is that? Android? if it is Android, you can go to those APK site and sideload it

if too much trouble, ask a friend to help to install on his phone and he can help you to activate

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

No you can’t activate the SIM and create a new account without using the app. You need to change the region).

Also, PM will need a Canadian credit card or debit card to setup AutoPay/Subscribed. You can’t use vouchers to create an account anymore.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Soph38  You need the app to activate, do you know anyone else who can download it and activate your account (but don't install the esim on that phone).  You can then install the esim on your phone from the welcome email.  It may be possible to start the activation without the app and get support to finish it but from what I understand it depends how far you can get with the payment stage.  If you want to connect with Public Mobile support open a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page or use this link to contact support if that doesn't work

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.