cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't disable call forewarding after number transfer.

A_Bagshaw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I recently transferred my Fongo (VoIP) number to Public mobile. On my Fongo account, I had set it to forward all calls directly to my landline. After the number transfer, this still seems to be the case. If I call my cell phone from my landline, I get the old Fongo voicemail message, which I can't access. If I have a friend call me, the call goes straight to my landline. I've tried disabling the call forwarding through Public Mobile (ie. #21#, #67#, etc.), but no matter what I do, it behaves exactly as it did with Fongo. I know that my Fongo number was treated as a landline number, if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Aiden

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@A_Bagshaw wrote:

Hello. I recently transferred my Fongo (VoIP) number to Public mobile. On my Fongo account, I had set it to forward all calls directly to my landline. After the number transfer, this still seems to be the case. If I call my cell phone from my landline, I get the old Fongo voicemail message, which I can't access. If I have a friend call me, the call goes straight to my landline. I've tried disabling the call forwarding through Public Mobile (ie. #21#, #67#, etc.), but no matter what I do, it behaves exactly as it did with Fongo. I know that my Fongo number was treated as a landline number, if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Aiden

Go into fongo and use the app to forward to where you want incoming calls to go or unforward them. Call forwarding does nothing on Public Mobile until porting is complete.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@A_Bagshaw ,

It sounds like you are kind of 'in a loop'.

If your Fongo is forwarded to your landline, how are you getting your Fongo voicemail? Shouldn't you be getting your landline voicemail...unless starting the porting process cancels the forwarding feature somehow.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over. Landlines could take up to 7 days, but normally less.

If all other Public Mobile services are working okay, when you start to receive calls on your PM SIM than you know the port is complete.

If after the allotted time to port, incoming calls are still not coming to your PM SIM card contact the Moderators to check on your number transfer.

Methods to contact Moderators, here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@A_Bagshaw .. i would say give it 5 business days.  

But this is normal for landline, it always take that many days.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@A_Bagshaw 

Your port is not complete. Porting from a voip number can take 3 days or more to complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.