cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't dial in or out - stopped working yesterday

jdodd1079
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Caroline_D @Mary_M @Saray_O @Shazia_K

Porting worked fine, used the service for 4 days - now I can't dial out (says I don't have a long distance plan but I am local), no one can dial in. 

I can can still text and use data

please help!

8 REPLIES 8

@jdodd1079 follow this:

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/Apple-iPhone-6-Plus.how_to_display_o...

@computergeek541 technically name display is only because Fido is an ILEC. Rogers does not actually have a license. I long suspected this is one of the reasons Rogers kept the Fido name alive. If Fido ever ceased to be Rogers would lose this feature.

Telus cellular companies do not pass on the name of a person through the cellular network on the outgoing call display.  Telus only passes on the number.  If that phone number is a match to the contact list in your phone, the name associated with that phone number will be displayed (but that is controlled by the receiving person's phone).  When it comes to cell phone comapnies in Canada, only Rogers and Fido relay name information.

jdodd1079

Thanks I'll check it out!  When I was with Telus it came up as normal -

jdodd1079

iphone6

mhaider

On most phones, you can go to call settings and change the setting in there. There should be an option for Caller ID Block or something similar in your call settings.

@jdodd1079  What phone do you have?

@jdodd1079 this is a phone setting, Public will not change this

jdodd1079

Hi!

When I call people, it comes up as "private number", even on phones that people have my contact information saved.

Is this normal with PM, or can I change something in my account settings?

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.