cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer Issue

FakeJoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I signed up yesterday and ported my old number. The setup app said everything went well and switched my eSim automatically. I am not able to sent or receive texts, and as a result, can't even log into my real account here.

Does anyone know the secret phone number for customer support where I can retrigger the phone number transfer request?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

MLitman

So it seems CS Agent can't help me because the accounts are not in my name. I set them all up and pay for them but I put each of my family as the named account holder on each phone line. Now agent says they have to individually log in and get support in Community except they can't log in because the two-factor authentication text does not arrive since their phones don't receive texts. I need someone to private message me the number for the live support to get this sorted.

MLitman

ok thanks, have done this.

Hi @MLitman 

it is not a  porting problem but account wasn't setup properly if you cannot make outbound calls

instead of calling porting team , you need to open ticket with them

please submit a ticket with CS Agent   by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

MLitman

HI, I have the same issue with 3 lines that I tried to activate for my family last night. All 3 have data but cannot take calls or send/receive texts. All 3 were numbers ported from Bell and we left the old sim cards in and responded to the text from Bell to complete the number porting. When my wife looks at the sim port in her settings it says "unknown number". One is Android and two are iPhone. Can you private message me the number for live help please?

@kev76 

since you cannot even make calls, it could be a problem with sim provisioning and not porting.  I have sent you the link to message support on your own thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/transfer-number-unsuccessful/m-p/1190756/...

kev76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you guys message me with number to call PM. im having a similar issue with

@FakeJoe 

don't buy the new esim yet, they might be able to accept your verbal approval.  Talk to Fido first.

once that part is sorted, then call PM porting team to re-trigger the port request

FakeJoe

Thanks. I actually don't have the esim anymore, I was an idiot and deleted it when I thought everything went well, so I have to go buy a new esim from Fido today. Oh well, that's my fault.

@FakeJoe 

then I think you are dealing with 2 different issues and need to take different ways to resolve them

1. For text issue, please open ticket with PM support as advised above
  2. For porting issue, you need to put the Fido sim card back to a phone and wait for the text.  But you need PM support to retrigger that process.   
    There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

FakeJoe

Outgoing calls work, but I don't think incoming ones do. I think it is because I am not able to respond to Fido's port authorization text anymore. I just have an android phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FakeJoe 

voice calls and mobile data work? Just text is the issue?

PM has problem provisioning text capability for new activations.  And if you are an iPhone user,  iMessage activation by phone number will also be impacted without a working SMS. 

PM is working on a fix but for now, they can only resolve the issue on a case by case basis.  Please open ticket with PM support by messaging CS Agent here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.