cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect, nothing works anymore.

QcRoman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got the roaming package to go to the States. Bought it before leaving. Of course the billing dept did it's thing flawlessly. Got to the border, five bars, everything else not working anymore. Not going to cancel vacation for a cell phone, went on. Had to squat WiFi here and there for basic infos, tried my best to ignore it all until I got home, life existed before cell phones, went on with my life. Got home. Nothing works still. Tried to reach someone here. Get told by a bot to watch my texts for help, texts are not working. What am I supposed to do now!? Human help, basic human help please. Been a customer for what? Four years now. Billing always worked. Even now when I get billed and don't get what I pay for and can't reach anyone to fix it. With roaming down dialing 611 got me hung up on by whoever my phone was trying to connect with on the US side. Maybe billing people should teach tech about reliability!

3 REPLIES 3

Mary_smiley

Just curious, I know it may sound like a silly question, but did you power down and "restart" your phone when you crossed the border ? 

When i was with Bell, it would happen sometimes that it seemed like a seamless roaming worked, but would realize that when trying to send a text it would stay stuck saying "sending"...  A reboot of the phone shortly after crossing border would fix the issues.   Another issue, for Data, you do need to ensure that the APN settings are correctly set, especially when roaming.

Also, keep in mind that with 3G networks being slowly killed off in the US, roaming in the US is spotty, since most partnerships are for use of the older 3G networks.

QcRoman

Yes I can see Actif (French) in my account page.

I certainly need and want a refund on the roaming package. It was a huge headache getting in touch with friends and family from afar and getting in touch with friends and businesses locally while away. Couldn't even look up Google Maps to find anything! Good thing I had been there before. And it still was a major headache. I don't even know for sure if I have another device anymore I could stick my sim in... Was really looking forward to getting home to start digging through old junk to fix something I didn't break...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@QcRoman   So, you are in Canada already?

when you login to My Account, do you see your account status ACTIVE ?

and did you try to put your PM sim card in another phone? test it out and see what happen

Yes, if you might also want to open ticket with PM Support and they can have a look , and possibly refund your US roaming and it wasn't working

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.