cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding with removed sim

alorentiu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be getting a new sim card while in Europe, and remove the current one, can I call forward voice and text ?

8 REPLIES 8

Mary_smiley

No, all at the same bank.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_smiley 

Agree.  Are your kids using different bank from your?

I am aware of some bank 2FA does not work with Fongo.

Mary_smiley

@popping 

Fongo mobile is not always guaranteed to be able to be used with 2FA services.  

I setup fongo app for myself and other family members, and mine does work for 2FA perfectly fine, but 2 others I created for my "kids" do not.  Not an issue for them, but just something to be aware of.

Would be great if PM adds WiFi calling to their services.  That way, you'd be able to use it anywhere you had WiFi at least.

popping

@alorentiu 

If you need to use 2FA while you are away, you can install Fongo app on your phone.  I tested with my Fongo number to receive 2FA from my bank over the Internet suign WiFi or local SIM data connection.

I use Fongo app to check my PM voice mail without using my monthly plan minutes.

popping

@alorentiu 

The best way to communicate with friends and family is to set up Signal or WhatsApp app on your phone and contacts.   Get a local SIM card with data when you arrive at your destination.  Very simple setup to sign into your Signal or WhatsApp account using your new local SIM and start communicate with your friends and family.  They don't know that you left Canada.

If you don't want to get a local SIM, you can continue to use your PM SIM card to communicate with friends and family using free wifi connection over Signal or WhatsApp.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@alorentiu 

there a option, you have to keep in canada your SIM card active in device, and do just call forwarding to new number you will getting from Download the TextNow App

that app is will given you a new number canadian you can use that app By Wi-Fi..

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@alorentiu 

you can do it when your SIM card in canada to canadian number, 

you can't forwarding to other country.

Call Forwarding (publicmobile.ca)

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alorentiu hi no there are no services outside canada except US with a roaming package 

Need Help? Let's chat.