cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't catch a break!

kipperdawn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, this email is targeting any mod that can help... please...

So here is my story. I was one of the unfortunate people that had problems porting in. Coming from koodo pre paid and things just didn't go well... after almost a month, a few emails and a couple conversations with mods, they ported my number, i believe (more on that in a second) on monday night (Dec 19)... Great, the pain is finally over... well sadly, no it isn't.

So i go to put in my sim on monday night, and lucky me, i got a bad sim. I didn't know this before now because i had no reason to put my sim in my phone. I knew from the start i couldn't port my number so i never bothered to check my sim... honestly, i have never heard of a sim being bad... just to prove my theory, I got a friend to try my sim and his phone said the same as mine - bad sim, error... ok, not the biggest problem, we can over come this. So i ordered a new sim monday night... was hoping it would arrive before xmas and much to my surprise, i got it tonight... great, i can solve my problem and my phone will FINALLY be operational...  so I popped the new sim into my phone, all good, the phone is no longer complaining about a bad sim... great. All i need to do now is log into my account and register the new sim...  Well for what ever reason, i can no longer log into my account. I could monday night, i think even tuesday night... but now, nope... all i get is the same stupid error i had before ->

"Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page."

I suspect it has something to do with my koodo account getting closed, but they were on seperate emails so i don't know... regardless of why, i still can't use my pm service... worse still, i am without any phone service at all now (at least before i was able to use my koodo account while i waited).

Can someone please please please fix this...

22 REPLIES 22

kipperdawn
Hi Shazia,

I sent you another pm... Hopefully that one makes it through... If not I will try again.

Thx in advance

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@kipperdawn

I see, sorry for the confusion, however, we did not receive any PM from you after the 19th one. 

I sent you a reply via private, please reply when you get a chance. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kipperdawn

Hi Shazia,

Thx for the response. Yes, I read your PM on dec 19, not sure why it doesn't reflect that, but then again, i am new to this interface. I sent you a pm on dec  22 explaining the current situation as well as at the start of this thread... long story short, i had a bad sim... which i didn't know until the number got ported which happened on monday (dec 19). Easy fix, just get anothe sim card.... which i got on the 22nd. it worked in my phone so everything should be good, but now i can't log into my account to change the sim... so i have no service until i can log in and change the sim tied to my account.  I am hoping you guys can fix my account sooner rather than later.

thx

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @kipperdawn

I sent you a private message on the 19th of December, which hasn't been read yet. 

Can you please refer to it? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kipperdawn

Still no service since Dec 19... hoping a mod can get this fixed.

thx

kipperdawn

Ya, my friend had his account locked to after putting from prepaid koodo... Difference is, his sim was good so he didn't need access to his account post port... That is where I got burned. I am hoping it won't take several more weeks as I am now over a month since I signed up and haven't used the service yet... 

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I had something same thing happen to my wife account. I got a temp number then waited almost 2 weeks before the number was ported over from Koodo-Prepaid. The phone service worked properly after porting but self-serve account got disabled. As when porting is done from Koodo Prepaid the self serve account gets locked. Another bug on Public Mobile stay ten for users porting from Koodo Prepaid as they use the same backend system. It took almost a week for Mod's to initiate a ticket with technical support, then another 2 weeks for ticket to get resolved. Now finally everything is working and I can access self serve. Based on these issues with Koodo Prepaid, Public Mobile should really define a process for people to follow or make a disclosure that they will not be able to port number from Koodo Prepaid.

kipperdawn

Ya, don't think i did the tagging thing right... thx again for the help and the links...

Can't see that anyone was properly tagged @Mary_M If tagging you is redundant just ignore me. 

@kipperdawn Not sure if you are aware of private messaging procedure:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kipperdawn

I tried logging in this morning... same result... the account is borked...  The error is word for word what i had before and it didn't come back until someone intervened and fixed it.... hopefully one of the mods will indeed get to it soon... been without any service since monday... 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo Good point. 

@kipperdawn Try logging back in the morning. If it doesn't work, please bump this thread in the morning and message a mod in the morning. 

You may have caught a weird bug that some people are experiencing. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

also trying change language to french, that often helps.

als waiting a couple hours or next day can solve it as well.

I was getting that error this mornig and now it is gone.

@kipperdawn at any point did you receive an email to verify your account email address? Maybe it hasn't been verified by you?

kipperdawn

tried the cache... that isn't it... no doubt it is tied to my koodo account removal as i had the exact same problem when i first signed up (had used the same email which causes koodo/pm to barf)... but koodo had fixed that problem for me weeks ago...

thx, will tag those mods...

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@kipperdawn, please try clearing your browser cache, cookies and history and try again. 

@makkahn28 wrote:

Shazia_K Jeremy_M Saray_O Mary_M

@To tag the moderators properly, you need to add @ in front of their name.  You will see a pop up that will help you with selecting the right person from a list that narrows as you type. 

OP, I suggest you use the private message feature to seek help from the moderators.  You just need to send the private message to any moderator.  These go into a pool and are available for any moderator to follow up.  The problem with publishing your issue on a community thread is that it is not the appropriate place to include key personal account information.  The moderators need this to do the follow up.  Anyway, I have successfully used the private message system to resolve all my issues.  Send a private message and wait patiently for resolution.  Things have quited down quite a bit, expect a response within hours or sooner.

Shazia_K Jeremy_M Saray_O Mary_M

kipperdawn

I honestly can't say if the service ever worked because i had issues from day one with my account...  I have been using koodo up until monday night... and that is when i found out the sim was a dud... I know the account was good because i had logged in that night.. so not really sure why it doesn't work now, but pretty sure i has to do with the closing down of my koodo account...

Ya, pretty much gave up on email... which mods do you recommend i tag ?

thx for the help

Just curious, did your service work at one point?

Also, Flag a Mod and inform them of what happened, and they'll rectify this.

Email is completely useless, private messaging or tweet or FB them, faster than email

Oh dear

kipperdawn

No, i hadn't thought about that, but just tried and the same error.... 

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kipperdawnHave you tried logging in using an incognito/private window? That is what I do when I have problems logging in and it always helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.