Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access phone calls

Lynn1963
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

7 REPLIES 7

@slusagm wrote:

i have a S21, it works VoLTE for a day or two in the beginning and it no longer VoLTE after

The way that Public Mobile used to allow more devices to use VoLTE but then actively blocked some devices previously working on VoLTE is outrageous.  Whether or not Telus has a reason to want specific phone brands and models to be purchased from them is a thing, it gives the impression of that.

thanks @computergeek541 

i have a S21, it works VoLTE for a day or two in the beginning and it no longer VoLTE after

@slusagm wrote:

@Lynn1963 

S20 is not on PM's VoLTE whitelist, so, it will be harder to make and receive calls

You have to make sure your connect to T-Mobile.  And if your phone has a choice for 2G or GSM, change to that and try make the calls.  If 2G or GSM is not there, then you can let it to stay Automatic and have have the phone to change it to 2G or GSM itself. But conneting to T-Mobile 2G could be hard

You have US data? maybe download VoIP app TextNow and make and receive calls using the app.  With that, you can connect to T-Mobile or AT&T or Verizon and use 4G network to use the app.  Easier to make and receive calls using TextNow.  

The S20 line of devices, specifically the Canadian models numbers ending in "W" are able to use Public Mobile VoLTE.  This has been confirmed by some customers, including one of the other oracles.  @will13am , that's still the case with the S20 FE, correct?

@Lynn1963 

S20 is not on PM's VoLTE whitelist, so, it will be harder to make and receive calls

You have to make sure your connect to T-Mobile.  And if your phone has a choice for 2G or GSM, change to that and try make the calls.  If 2G or GSM is not there, then you can let it to stay Automatic and have have the phone to change it to 2G or GSM itself. But conneting to T-Mobile 2G could be hard

You have US data? maybe download VoIP app TextNow and make and receive calls using the app.  With that, you can connect to T-Mobile or AT&T or Verizon and use 4G network to use the app.  Easier to make and receive calls using TextNow.  

Lynn1963
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m an existing customer. I’m in the USA. I have a Samsung s20. I can receive text and data. When I get a phone call it goes directly to voice mail. I can’t call my voicemail. I also can’t call or receive calls while n USA.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lynn1963 

can you give us more details, are you new customer or existing? What phone do you have? and just calls with problem? how about data?

try reboot the phone, try Reset All networks and try changing network mode to 3G and test calls again

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

you can't make calls or you cannot receive calls?  what phone you have? it connects to PM network?

Need Help? Let's chat.