cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to USA

ThePolishMike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have the Canada USA plan with 50gb, I am in the USA with roaming turned off, do I need to enable roaming to have the ability to use the data? Or what is the correct way to get my data working in the USA?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@ThePolishMike  my plan says 5g is included, is there a specific reason why I would want to avoid using it?

What's been said from people who've used the plan, 5G can be problematic when roaming on AT&T but more likely to work on T-Mobile.  So the suggestion to start with 4G/LTE is to give more connectivity options.   Nothing to stop you trying 5G, especially on T-Mobile, but if it doesn't work then it may be as simple as switching down as noted.

HI @ThePolishMike 

yes, test the 5G , it should work.  I think it works better with AT&T. 

ThePolishMike

Thank you everyone for the input! I will report back how the 5G is, or isn't!.

@ThePolishMike  Yes this should be more clear on PM website . But while roaming 5G doesn’t seem to work in US like it will back home in Canada . But 4G/LTE will work 

hi @ThePolishMike  

you can certainly use 5G and some confirmed it works.  But many also said it is easier to use 4G or LTE instead of 5G

so, you can try both and let us know the result

ThePolishMike

Thank you for the quick reply, my plan says 5g is included, is there a specific reason why I would want to avoid using it?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ThePolishMike 

yes, you still need to turn on Mobile Roaming Data

and make sure you using 4G or LTE and not 5G

you need to also check and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T, you might need to manual connect it in some cases

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ThePolishMike  Yes turn data roaming in in phone settings . Also set phone to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connects to T mobile / AT&T or Verizon 

Need Help? Let's chat.