cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t Connect to 5G and is not listed as Option

Jamez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  1. My plan is not connecting to 5G. It is not even giving me the Option to select 5G in the “Voice and Data” Drop-Menu. Only 3G and LTE is listed. I think there is an issue with my eSim or Service Plan. My phone is 5G Compatible (iPhone 14), and in Winnipeg a city with Major Network Coverage from Telus. Please help?
13 REPLIES 13

@MetaMorpheusMob wrote:

Did I appear to be Curt? Apologies  if It seemed You dragged Me in! There were only two posters 

How are you so Certain it was chosen by Mistake?  Seems that OP was Confused. Solutions have been chosen by mistake before.

My point is because this was brought up about solutions and  that the Solution was edited on Minute before Selection!

@MetaMorpheusMob , Op stated in the message that I provided the solution.

I edited my post that was the solution 17 hours ago right after I posted it due to typos within a few seconds which I do a lot since I often make a lot of typos, everyone can clearly see that & no one gets upset at me for being human making mistakes! However the solution was fixed at 2:10 pm today by an Oracle. Not even close to when I edit my typos! I was pretty excited to have done something correct to finally get a solution until you got upset I did! 😞 Now I feel like dirt!

Have an awesome night!

Edit: It’s an amazing feeling when someone ends their post happy when many initially post very angry & fed up wanting to leave! So when I had a solution I was … very excited that it meant my little bit of help brought them some peace, relief & happiness! The solution may be tiny & insignificant to some but it was very special to me that I hold dear to my heart! I’m sorry if some may find that difficult to understand & sorry for Op that this mess was even started on the post! 😞 

@MetaMorpheusMob , an Oracle did correct the solution since the incorrect one was initially selected & given to the wrong person by mistake. I did not ask one to, I received a notification that one did! They do this at their discretion! If you disagree with it take it up with them. However do not disrespect me or others here. Thank you & have an awesome night! 🙏🏼 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@LitlLdy 

maybe an Oracle can make the correction tomorrow.

@hairbag1 , this is the second one tonight that was selected incorrectly by mistake & given to the same person! 😞 

@LitlLdy 

maybe an Oracle can make the correction tomorrow.

@Dunkman   looks like OP meant to select the Solution as provided by LitlLdy...can this be corrected ?

@Jamez wrote:

No, it was actually ‘Your’ Post. The one where you talk about your iPhone 14 Pro & getting iOs 16.6. That post is the one that did it for me! 

Sorry, if this thread is getting all messy now! But everything works Perfectly now! Thanks again to you and everyone for your attempts and efforts🙌🏻 Much appreciated

@Jamez , ohhh ok! You selected the wrong solution! 😆 I understand now. Sorry. It’s 4am & I’m a little tired! I can’t change the solution, sorry 😔.

Jamez

No, it was actually ‘Your’ Post. The one where you talk about your iPhone 14 Pro & getting iOs 16.6. That post is the one that did it for me! 

Sorry, if this thread is getting all messy now! But everything works Perfectly now! Thanks again to you and everyone for your attempts and efforts🙌🏻 Much appreciated

@Jamez wrote:

This one above is the Solution! iOs 16.3, i see all the options listed now😊

@Jamez , the one above? You mean @MetaMorpheusMob ? Happy we were able to help you. 

Jamez

This one above is the Solution! iOs 16.3, i see all the options listed now😊

@Jamez wrote:

Actually, you’re Exactly right, I just did what you said.. got that Specific System and it Now Shows!!!! Thank You Much!! ltlLady!!!

I can finally rest my head now😄. Thanks again, wish you get everything you want in Life!🙌🏻

@Jamez , you’re welcome! I was stressing with you! Happy I was able to solve it for you. 😃 Sleep well. 

Jamez

Actually, you’re Exactly right, I just did what you said.. got that Specific System and it Now Shows!!!! Thank You Much!! ltlLady!!!

I can finally rest my head now😄. Thanks again, wish you get everything you want in Life!🙌🏻

@Jamez wrote:

it’s an iPhone 14.. Apple says that all iPhones above iPhone 12 support 5G without issues. And I checked, it is already at the latest iOs Update above 16. So i’m left to think it might be the eSim or Service plan?

I did have my heart set on 5G download speeds and that is why I chose this plan, was to get the Higher Speeds for Video watching, apps, and Multi-tasking😅

@Jamez , I have an iPhone 14 Pro updated to the latest iOS 16.6 using eSIM & as you see in my screenshots above I have 5G signal! I am on the $15 3g plan!

if you’re iOS is updated to 16.6 I can’t figure out why you do not have the settings like I have in my screenshots above 5G Auto, 5G On with your LTE & 3G! Unless you have a faulty iPhone! I would contact Apple Support for help.

You can still get the high speed set on LTE but iPhone 14 is 5G compatible.

Edit: @Jamez ,You can reset your Network Settings, reboot & manually set your iPhone Network Selection to Public Mobile & not on Automatic but the latest iOS 16.6 has the settings I showed! So something is wrong! I’m sorry I am not more helpful 😞 

Jamez

it’s an iPhone 14.. Apple says that all iPhones above iPhone 12 support 5G without issues. And I checked, it is already at the latest iOs Update above 16. So i’m left to think it might be the eSim or Service plan?

I did have my heart set on 5G download speeds and that is why I chose this plan, was to get the Higher Speeds for Video watching, apps, and Multi-tasking😅

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Jamez wrote:
  1. My plan is not connecting to 5G. It is not even giving me the Option to select 5G in the “Voice and Data” Drop-Menu. Only 3G and LTE is listed. I think there is an issue with my eSim or Service Plan. My phone is 5G Compatible (iPhone 14), and in Winnipeg a city with Major Network Coverage from Telus. Please help?

@Jamez , update your iPhone to the latest iOS 16.6

IMG_0050.jpeg IMG_0044.jpegIMG_0045.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.