cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G not working on Samsung S20 plus 5G

Ted780
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have purchase plan with 5g. But I don't  have opion on my phone to connect to 5g, highest option I got LTE/WCDMA/GSM. Fastest speed I can get 6.0 Mbps on mobile network . I woud like to see 250Mbps speed. by standig underneath (or very close) the tower and confirm that speed. I seen people in the office with telus plans getting 5g speed (50.0 Mbps i would be happy with that  speed). Why, my phone is well capable. How can I get 5G option and the speed on my phone ? On Wi-Fi at home I get 180 Mbps easy. 

4 REPLIES 4

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have the same issue with my S20. Sent multiple tickets, PM advised it is a Samsung issue. Apparently it something to do with update that the S20 does not have for PM 5g to work. My S20 had 5g with rogers and virgin but not PM

That’s was a member on my thread when I inquired about 5G on the S20 issue , it’s a complicated work around @Ted780  have a look , compliments of @mtbman 

S20 and 5G

Solved: Samsung s20 5G - Community

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ted780 

Your home wifi is based on the wifi plan you are on.

This is a device issue connecting to PM 5G.

There was a member that showed the setting on the Samsung S20 to connect to 5G.

Here is the solution to change the setting but you need to be technical knowledge to fix:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/S20-Ultra-no-5G-connectivity/m-p/1034171 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ted780  Yes it’s a known issue on Public mobile with the S20 even thou it’s 5G phone it can’t access the 5G network with public mobile . But even with phone set to 4G/LTE you should see better speeds of 100mbs of a 4G plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.