cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only call out, can't receive calls or text

CustomersRStaff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I transferred my number from Telus. I can make calls from Public Mobile, however, I cannot send texts or receive texts or calls. Any idea why? Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

@CustomersRStaff wrote:

Yup, replied to that message within 1 hour confirming the port. Called the number that was provided, but after waiting on hold for over an hour, they said there was nothing they could do on their end and that I needed to contact Public Mobile 🤷‍♂️

They actually could have fixed this for you as they do deal with number port ins to Public Mobile.  In any event, Public Mobile prefers customers to use the chatbot to open a ticket.  Please go to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

CustomersRStaff

Yup, replied to that message within 1 hour confirming the port. Called the number that was provided, but after waiting on hold for over an hour, they said there was nothing they could do on their end and that I needed to contact Public Mobile 🤷‍♂️

CustomersRStaff

I called the number provided to call Telus, but they said there's nothing they can do on their end and that I need to contact Public Mobile 🙄 Very frustrating, still isn't working 😞

CustomersRStaff

Yes, I found it took about a day for it to start on the Public Mobile SIM, but this was 5 days ago, so I'm assuming something is off by now...

HI @CustomersRStaff   usually after you replied YES, the porting will completed in 2 to 4 hours.. or less

but you will need to reboot your phone during this time, try calling yourself until PM sim card getting the incoming

so, if you just replied it this morning, maybe just a timing issue

CustomersRStaff

Hello! Yes, I did get the message from Telus and responded with Yes minutes after I got it. Will give them a call and see what they can do. Thanks!

HI @longcm   check your Community inbox, I will send you the same phone number

longcm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue, both my wife and I are not able to receive calls, but we can call out. 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@CustomersRStaff hi if you didn't leave your telus sim in your phone to receive transfer request then your port is in limbo I will send you the number to reinitiate port request I see @hTideGnow already did 😁

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you follow porting procedure to the letter?

Both accounts have to be active, after initiating porting did you leave old SIM in your phone and replied Yes within 90 minutes?

You can call/SMS out as you have been assigned temp number from PM. Until porting is completed you will not be able to receive calls on old number using PM SIM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CustomersRStaff   I think you have a stuck port

did you reply a sms from your old carrier?

I will message you a phone number. Check Comunity inbox. Call them and they can confirm if the porting was stuck or what to do from here

Need Help? Let's chat.