cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not receive in coming calls

Layla2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When people call my phone it’s goes straight to voice mail with the previous provider how do I fix this?

12 REPLIES 12

@EM6 wrote:

Finally figured it out myself. The no. was not portered. I was making calls from the temporary no. Public assigned me. When somebody called me, it went to the previous carrier. That's why the phone didn't ring..

@EM6  sound like you didn't reply to the text from your old carrier to approve the porting.  you need to reply YES within 90 mins to your old carrier.   

I will message you a number to call to have PM to re-trigger the porting.   Please check your Community inbox.

@EM6 wrote:

Finally figured it out myself. The no. was not portered. I was making calls from the temporary no. Public assigned me. When somebody called me, it went to the previous carrier. That's why the phone didn't ring..

There is no temporary Public Mobile once you've submitted the number port request. As soon as that is submitted, that number immedately gets replaced by the number that you're porting in, although incoming calls do go to the old carrier until the porting has completed. Even when the porting hasn't yet completed, outgoing calls use the call display information of the the number that you're porting in.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@EM6 wrote:

Have you contacted PM for restarting the porting request?

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

After the request, you should put the previous carrier SIM in your phone and watch out for a message to confirm the transfer. You must reply Yes to that message within 90 minutes or the porting will be aborted.

Ref: Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

EM6

Layla2020

Sorry about that 

@Layla2020 wrote:

Changed providers yesterday thought it was on calling turns out I can’t get text messages either ?

@Layla2020 hi you just asked this question contact a moderator

Layla2020

Changed providers yesterday thought it was on calling turns out I can’t get text messages either ?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Layla2020 wrote:

When people call my phone it’s goes straight to voice mail with the previous provider how do I fix this?

@Layla2020 hi you may have a failed port  try contacting a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention failed port issue, you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

@Layla2020

Welcome to public mobile. Once you are in contact with a moderator i suggest you may want to ask them to change your community profile username. I suspect it contains more personal info than you want revealed on a public forum.

Layla2020

Thank you

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Layla2020 

Your port is incomplete. You must contact the moderators for them to fix it for you. Click on the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen to submit a ticket via simon. Type in incomplete port and ask for a human then follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Layla2020 if you ported a number from a mobile device it can take upto 2 hours. for a landline or VoIP upto 7 days

• toggle airplane mode on/off
  • turn your phone off, remove sim turn your phone on and reinstall
  • reset your network settings

whatsthe make and model of the device?

Need Help? Let's chat.