cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not receive a call

helencask
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Public mobile support,

I just activated my public mobile sim and my phone number was active.

Somebody can not call my number phone, I can call out to somebody.

I reuse the old number phone from the free dome mobile, when I activated my number phone on public mobile I canceled my service from the free dome mobile.

Totally I can call somebody, but somebody can not call my number phone.

Please support my case.

Thank you so much!

10 REPLIES 10

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@helencask 

The most important step in porting your old number to PM is to leave the Freedom SIM in your phone and wait for the text confirming your are porting over to PM…there is a 90 minute window for you to reply or porting will be cancelled.

The other step is to activate your Freedom account so your number can be ported over to PM so you need to un-cancel your account.

Once these steps are done then leave the Freedom SIM in your phone and confirm.

Contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you.

If this is too much trouble then just pick a new number and reboot your phone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The primary point here is that this text goes to the old service. It's why it needs to be active and the old sim in a phone to be able to receive it and reply to it.

As mentioned by esjliv though, it sounds like you manually cancelled the old service. When porting is properly done, it cancels the old service on its own. You don't need to do anything.

@helencask 

If you didn't reply YES, ...

YOU SHOULD have received A SMS which will read as follows:

Public Mobile msg: You have requested to move your phone number to Public Mobile. A message was sent earlier to authorize the number transfer. We have not received your response. To reinitiate the request, please reply ‘1’ to this text and a NEW message will be sent to authorize the number transfer. Please call our Porting Team if you need more help.

Tips:

• Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

Please note, it may take up to 2 hours to complete mobile number transfers, and up to 3 business days for landline number transfers. You may experience mixed service during this time until the transfer is complete.

@helencask @It’s the confirmation text you would get from old carrier if your were trying to port your old number to public mobile and you only have 90 mins to do so 

helencask
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is the text and you guys mentioned. I got no text to say YES. Could you eleborate. Thanks!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It looks like you ported your number but did not follow porting procedure.

Both accounts have to be active

You have to leave old SIM in your phone and reply Yes within 90 minutes after initiating porting.

If you did not do that then you would have to contact agent to assist you.

Since you already Cancelled account at old provider, be prepared to lose your old number.

You can call anybody since PM did assign temporary number to you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@helencask 

You cannot port to public mobile with a disabled Freedom account.

The problem here seems to be you "canceled my service from the free dome mobile". Get that account up and running into ACTIVE status if they didn't already assign your number elsewhere or you lost it.

Once you get the Freedom account active either call that number @softech provided or submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) to restart the porting process here for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@helencask 

If you responded "Yes" to the port authorization text, did you then try the following:

1. Reboot your device
  2. Reset network connections 
  3. Toggle airplane mode on and off
  4. Try your Public Mobile SIM card in another device, to see if incoming calling starts to work

If you did not reply yes, get a hold of your other provider and let them know you want to port the number and to not close the account until the porting is completed. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@helencask @Did your reply YES to the confirmation text , you would have only had 90 mins to do . 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@helencask 

first of all , we are just customers like you, but we can help

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider (freedom mobile)  and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.