cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I put my phone on vacation?

Joie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

Method 2.  Cycle starts on Sept 1,  you reported lost stolen on Sept 10 and account got suspended.  

No, you won't get money back.  Your cycle still paid till Sept 30.  Should you found the phone back and remove the  Lost/stolen before Sept 30, you can still use till Sept 30.  If you don't remove Lost/Stolen until Oct 15, then on Oct 15, PM will charge you another 30 days.    

So, long story short, no refund no matter what.  

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hairbag1 @computergeek541 

Method 1 seems pretty straightforward. If I unsubscribe before my renewal date on September 1, there will be no payment and no service starting on September 1. When I return to Canada on October 15 and resubscribe, the payment will start on October 15 and the plan will start on October 15.

On the other hand, I wonder what happens with the paid subscription with Method 2? For example, if I pay and renew on Sept 1, report phone as lost or stolen on September 10th, and then resubscribe on October 15, do I still get back the remaining unused 20 days that I already paid for? Or do I lose the unused 20 days and have to pay for another 30 days on October 10th?

@funpig1 

I've used both and it's totally up to you. If you use the Unsubscribe method, your phone still works until renewal fails. You have 89 days from then to renew. I guess it depends on how long you'll be away.

@funpig1 wrote:

@hairbag1 

I wish to do the same, namely, go on vacation and suspend payment.

In addition to your method, I have also read that a second method would be to report my as lost or stolen which would immediately suspend the account. And then to report the phone as found to to resume the account. 

Are you aware of any pros or cons of the two methods?

If a customer forgets to reactivate/resume the plan before 90 days of suspension, the customer would lose the phone number and the account would be closed.

funpig1

@hairbag1 

I wish to do the same, namely, go on vacation and suspend payment.

In addition to your method, I have also read that a second method would be to report my as lost or stolen which would immediately suspend the account. And then to report the phone as found to to resume the account. 

Are you aware of any pros or cons of the two methods?

@eddieO wrote:

@Joie1 the closest you can do to a vacation mode is to unsubscribe from your account. You can leave it like this for a while but be carful as you approach 90 days as that's when an account will be automatically closed and you will lose your phone number, this is why it's recommended to place it back to subscribe before 90 days, ideally around the 87 day or so just incase there are any issues that requires you to contact a CS agent

disable Subscribed....then when current plan expires, customer will have 89 days to re-up their plan...at day 90, it's deactivated permanently.

unscribe.jpg

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Joie1 the closest you can do to a vacation mode is to unsubscribe from your account. You can leave it like this for a while but be carful as you approach 90 days as that's when an account will be automatically closed and you will lose your phone number, this is why it's recommended to place it back to subscribe before 90 days, ideally around the 87 day or so just incase there are any issues that requires you to contact a CS agent

Neil11

What are you trying ask? Where are you going on vacation and for how long?

Joie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No

Need Help? Let's chat.