cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls

mmrmurphy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My calls are going straight to voice mail. It never rings and the settings on my phone have been checked by three different techs with no success. Can someone please help me.

12 REPLIES 12

@CGO wrote:

so only incoming calls unavailable? it might be port issue at network side. you may change the number via self-service or contact cs-agent for troubleshooting.

@CGO wrote:

so only incoming calls unavailable? it might be port issue at network side. you may change the number via self-service or contact cs-agent for troubleshooting.

If there is a porting issue, changing the telephone number willl cause even more complications.  

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

NormanWalsh

PRIVATE MESSAGE ME

Just Telus customers, or Koodo and Public Mobile too? What cell tool is that @NormanWalsh 

NormanWalsh

I know for a fact thousands of customers are experiencing no incoming calls on and off the past 15 days, for some odd reason telus refuses to tell people they are having hardware problems.  I have a network cell tool that shows cell towers and network information. My phone won't ring when noise levels are to low hence going straight to voicemail.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mmrmurphy  - is this for a new activation? And if so, was there a number that was ported over to public mobile? This can sometimes be a result of a failed port. Please advise if this is a new ported activation.

Otherwise, there are other good suggestions to try already posted.

Techs, you mean as cell stores? Have they checked if your do not disturb has not been accidentally turned on (I imagine they would have checked this..,but gotta ask).

Also, in the settings of your calling app, there is likely a feature that only allows calls from people that are listed on your contact list to ring. If this setting is turned on, and this is the reason your calls are going to voicemail, then turn this off or add those people to your contact list.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@mmrmurphy 

how to switch to 3G > here a link >  Android  &  iphone --- and rebooting device.

@mmrmurphy    Try Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks and Network Mode..  There should be an option for 3G/WCDMA.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mmrmurphy what type of phone do you have?

mmrmurphy

Hi could you tell me how to change to 3G. Thank you

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mmrmurphy   did you try to reseat your sim card ?  turn off the phone, take the sim card out for a minute before you put it back and power up

Also, if you have another phone around, try to put your sim card into it and test it

If you can make outgoing calls, try to change the network to 3G Only and see if you can receive incoming calls

Also, try your phone in another area to see if you can receive calls

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mmrmurphy set your network to 3g see if that helps also   ,contact a cs agent to ask about your issue you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

Need Help? Let's chat.