cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim

Blazingleopard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently ordered a new sim card online. I activated it but it isn't working on my phone

18 REPLIES 18

@CGO wrote:

Contact cs or send ticket. You can also borrow another active sim from friend and try it on your phone, or go to nearby PM dealer/store for help.

Please do not advise customers to go to a store for assistance with the service.  Since Telus purchased Public Mobile, retail locations have never been equiped to provide assistance to existing customers in any form (other than for identification confirmation/account ownership proof issues).  In additional, there are no longer any Public Mobile stores or dealers.

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Contact cs or send ticket. You can also borrow another active sim from friend and try it on your phone, or go to nearby PM dealer/store for help.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Blazingleopard 

Did you pick a new number or ported your old number over to PM?

There are extra steps depending on which number.

As the service isn't working, whether the customer has a new number or asked for a number to be ported in wouldn't make a difference.

@Blazingleopard Were you successfully charged for the SIM card activation and choice of plan?

As @Yummy also asked, is your account status Active? Log into your My Account to check the status.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Blazingleopard 

Did you pick a new number or ported your old number over to PM?

There are extra steps depending on which number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Blazingleopard   you are new PM customer and not replacing old sim card with new sim card, right?

It could be just a sim card provisioning issue.  Would be an easy fix for PM support, you just need to open a ticket with them:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Blazingleopard

But I activated it online

Blazingleopard

I mean it didn't work 

Blazingleopard

I didn't 

@Blazingleopardtake out sim reseat it reboot phone  dial *611 to see if it works 

Blazingleopard

Sim card is unregistered 

Blazingleopard

Nothing is working and I tried it in another phone 

@Blazingleopard 

if you activated new line the contact PM support team by private message CS_Agent  to check it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blazingleopard  - What is the problem you are seeing?

Blazingleopard

Yes it is

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you open self-serving account?

If yes, what foes it say? Is it Active?

Did you get welcome message from PM after opening account?

Does anything work at all? SMS/call/internet?

Can you try your SIM in another phone?

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Blazingleopard hi do you have any message on your phone is it unlocked?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Blazingleopard 

use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

or safari on private mode, To Login Page

check out the right number of new SIM card in your account.

and  Check the Status of Your Device.

Need Help? Let's chat.