cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls stopped working, after working briefly

thebestnicknar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my dad over from Telus, it took a day for the phone to start working, but he was able to make and receive calls on Monday, Tuesday morning he was only able to text, calls no longer work.  Any  idea why it would stop working?  

Whenever he tries to make a call it says that long distance is not included in his plan (he does have the 400min of international calls addon), and goes to straight to voice mail when he receives a call.

I was able to port my number over without too much difficulty from Koodo, the day before, so the system can work.

10 REPLIES 10

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Shaz is the best. Welcome to the PM family 🙂

@thebestnicknar especially in the age that most of us are dumping the home phone, having a backup phone in an emergency isn't a bad idea. Glad Shazia was able to get you up and running!

thebestnicknar

My private message was responded to yesterday, and his phone is working now, thank you @Shazia_K.

Thanks, @daredogg I had forgoten the 7-Eleven plan, which is odd as I was actually looking into that for myself to take advantage of my dual SIM phone, before I switched to Public Mobile

@Bertz really sorry to hear of your frustration. I sure hope a moderator will get a hold of you soon.

To you and @thebestnicknar you may consider having backup service through SpeakOut from 7-Eleven. This has been recommended by one of our oracles @Luddite as a great "emergency only" plan. It's also pre-paid, but any funds you add to your account are good for 365 days. If you had a number with them, you could forward your calls for now, until the issues with PM are resolved.

I realize this is not the answer to your problems, but having another SIM card you can pop in and get service right away could be helpful. I can assure you that once you get past the activation or porting issues, the service with PM works as great as with Telus, Koodo, Bell.

But... I definitely hear you about the frustrations and trying to help in some way! Robot Mad

Bertz

I am experiencing the same problem, it started yesterday. 

Have sent a message to a MOD but have yet to hear back. This is getting frustrating because I really need to be able to make and receive calls...

thebestnicknar

The private message I sent on last week has still not has been read.  

If this is not resolved in the next day or two I'm going to have to (somehow) cancel his plan and switch to a different carrier, as he is the emergency contact for someone in a care home and needs to be contacted in case of an emergency.

thebestnicknar

I've PM @Mary_M, but still unread. I really don't complaining and, I know that they are back logged, but I don't want him in a stuck for very much longer, or I'll have to find another plan for him.
I think the partial port might have been my fault as I used the IMEI number rather Telus account number (and the phone was not originally linked to that account)

thebestnicknar

Thanks, I'll private messaging and see what happens.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@thebestnicknar the problem has to do with the "port not sticking," whatever that means. Like @hslee1210 has suggested you'll have to send a private message to one of the moderators.

Easiest way to do this is to go onto the Users Online page and find someone with a MODtag beside their name. Hover your mouse over the name and you'll see a pop-up with an orange Send Message. Moderators should start showing up around 8:30 am EST.

Refer this page for more information... All you need to know about our Community Moderators

hslee1210
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Link below is a similar case posted before.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Ported-over-from-Chatr-no-incoming-cal...

It got resolved by contacting a moderator by private message (because it involves private information I believe).

Send a message to a moderator to get it resolved. 🙂

Good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.