cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls gets cut off any longer than an hour

mamarml24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Every time I make a call that is any longer than 1-2 hours, it cuts my call off, and it's constantly doing it. I need to know what is happening or how I can get this fixed. I was even on call with the cra and I been waiting for an hour with them and as soon as I got someone on the line, the call cut off. 

Help! 

4 REPLIES 4

Well, there are always rumor but the TEL industry has never really come out and say it.... not that I'm aware of though. You do have sales guys saying Telus customers get first priority with the network because they pay more for the service. Then Koodo is next in line with PM being last so we don't get the best of service. But honestly, I have never had any issues with call quality or dropped calls...  at least until recently but then again, my calls usually last less than 30 minutes.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is there any deprioritization on the network for PM customers? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mamarml24 

in the past, calls were cutoff after 2.5 hours...not sure if that's still the rule. It's also possible that CRA or any gov't number will only allow you to hold for x minutes before it shuts down. Usually you're given option to have them call you back.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @mamarml24 

Sometimes that happens as this is a third tier service. It's happened to me a few times last month. If it keeps happening, best advice I can give is to put in a ticket to ask your network be reset on their end. You will have to keep your phone off while they do it though. Here's how to create a ticket.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1712958790302.png

Need Help? Let's chat.