cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls failing

Norbert19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This service is kife! both my wife and myself have issues calling out. To make things worse my data speeds are around 40 up and 2 down. 

We've only had PM for 3 weeks and have more issues than we had with Lucky in 2 years.

Can anyone vouch for Koodo if their service is better or should I just stick with Bell network or Rogers ?

9 REPLIES 9

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Norbert19 

If you are on 5G, you will find speeds are higher when you are outside. That is why all commercials are filmed outside.

The wavelength of 5G doesn’t penetrate through walls.

@BKNS27 

5Ghz WiFi can go through walls, but it is more likely to be weakened or blocked by obstacles like walls, floors, and ceilings.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Norbert19 

If you are on 5G, you will find speeds are higher when you are outside. That is why all commercials are filmed outside.

The wavelength of 5G doesn’t penetrate through walls.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

There can be various factors that affects your service as other have said; however I can vouch for both Telus and koodo. 

@Norbert19 

it's a provision issue. customer support needs to fix it... tell them to reset the network on their end and that it is a provision issue. it could also be because you didn't do the port process correctly. did you reply "yes" to the text to confirm the port. you should have received a text from your previous provider sim

Norbert19

I'm in London , I have an S22 ultra , wife has Iphone 12 . Calls come in, and texts work ,but outgoing calls fail and hangs up. Support just told me to reset network settings on Wednesday but issues continue. 

Norbert19

Is your data usable tho? Mine isn't 

Screenshot_20231213_112548_Speedtest.jpg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Where are you doing the speedtest, @Norbert19 ?

I've just done one with a Bell 5G plan on an iPhone 13 (indoors), and only got 54.   Tried it in a different room and got 76.

There is so much variance with 5G speed testing as it depends on situation/location.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Norbert19 

where are you both located ? What make / model is your phone ?  Can others call you without problem ? Did you port your number in to your new PM account ? Is text working as good as expected ? You've paid for 30 days service so before you leave, let's look at all the possible issues that may be fixable.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Norbert19  Unfortunately Koodo and Telus and bell same as PM so Roger’s might be your best choice 

Need Help? Let's chat.