cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropping in US on roaming plan

rodineamtu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

it's been almost 10 days since I emailed the MOD's about my troubles with the US roaming add on and still, no response yet.

Long story short, after purchasing my US roaming add on - 11 days ago (calls + text + data), I had only data and calls available, but no txt messaging avail.

I rebooted the cell (not once) - still no luck.

I wrote a private message to a moderator, nobody answered in the last 9 days or so

Today I purchased the same add on (the previous one expired yesterday), same result.

Any ideas how to solve this, other than changing the carrier and moving back to Fido ?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darkstar107 that's helpful if you're getting no signal at all but probably woudln't help here.

@rodineamtu this symptom is usually caused by purchasing the US Roaming Talk add-on twice--either purchasing the $8 US Roaming Talk add-on twice, or purchasing one of the 2 bundles that include it but also including the US Roaming Talk stand-alone add-on.  This confuses the system.  However, it doesn't sound like you did this.  Unfortunately only the moderator team can help you here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

darkstar107

Try going to Settings > Carrier and then unchecking Automatic.  The phone will search for available carriers and will probably take about a minute.  Manually select one of the available ones and see if that helps.

rodineamtu

Hi,

it's an iphone 8 and yes, I got the text, calls and data bundle - $20 for 10 days.

One thing to consider, this is my 5th and 6th time when I got the bundle. I had no issue with the previous 4.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@rodineamtu wrote:

Hi there,

it's been almost 10 days since I emailed the MOD's about my troubles with the US roaming add on and still, no response yet.

Long story short, after purchasing my US roaming add on - 11 days ago (calls + text + data), I had only data and calls available, but no txt messaging avail.

I wrote a private message to a moderator, nobody answered in the last 9 days or so

Today I purchased the same add on (the previous one expired yesterday), same result.

Any ideas how to solve this, other than changing the carrier and moving back to Fido ?

Thank you

Seems you have found a novel new bug; yuk. Robot Mad

Unless you can figure out, or some has, a solution you are stuck waiting for moderator assistance. Be sure to request a BIG credit. 

If you tell us your phone's make/model someone may know a workaround.

Double check your account to be certain text roaming was added.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rodineamtu wrote:

Hi there,

Thank you

What phone do you have? and did you get the 3 item bundle? I'm asking because I'm planning on getting the add on in a couple of weeks.

Need Help? Let's chat.