cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls Dropping

JosephR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone calls, incoming and outgoing, are dropping at close to the three minute mark of the conversation. Any ideas how I can get this fixed?

15 REPLIES 15

JosephR

I contacted Public and they reset my network connection and asked me to turn off my phone completely for two minutes, but that did not fix the issue. They then told me to reset my network settings manually, which I did and that seemed to work. I only made a call that was five minutes long, but it didn't cut out!

Doodles

Same issue! 3 beeps, 20 sec later my call drops. Started today 2 Dec 2021 Like you, looking for help. Have you had any success?

MarkieMarkCA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I called my friend in Edmonton approx 4 times, we noticed the pattern that at approx 2min 30sec I hear three beeps and then approx 30seconds later the call terminates.  Almost exactly the same timing on all four calls, he called me and the call also terminated at the same time frame and I heard the three beeps, I then called someone else in Edmonton and had the same thing happen.  I have not tried a local call.

@MarkieMarkCA Thank you. This information is very helpful. Is this occurring in every call you attempt? 

MarkieMarkCA

In the last 30minutes

@MarkieMarkCA When did you attempt to make these phone calls? What time?

MarkieMarkCA

Im having the same exact issue!!  Im in Vancouver calling Edmonton, several different people, same issue

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@JosephR Can you please confirm when and what time you made the calls that dropped? 

@veedubb can you confirm when you made these calls, where you encountered the drops with the beeps? When did this issue start for you?

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@JosephR  Thank you for sharing with Community. Our teams are aware and looking into this experience to resolve. 

veedubb

I forgot to add that we are in different locations in the city. I'm in East York and my sister and brother in law are in Scarborough so we don't share the same cell site. This points to network.

veedubb

I am having the same problems with dropped calls withing the three minute mark. Within the three minute mark, there is an audible three short beeps that is heard over the conversation at around one minute in.  My sister and brother in law is having the same issues (both are on the Public Mobile network) and they actually brought it to my attention. We (my brother in law) have tested everything using home phones and cell phones from other carriers (Bell) and ONLY calls made using Public Mobile drops calls. And NO, rebooting the phones DOESN'T make any difference. It may not hold much weight but I used to work at Bell's mobile network switch at a switch technician and it's DEFINITELY a network issue! Either a SW/FW/hardware change or a configuration problem. Get this resolved PULEEEZE!

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @JosephR,

There is a likelihood that it might be temporary. Several people are expressing that they are experiencing the same issue. You can always submit a ticket to customer service to inform them that you are also affected and they will investigate your account behind the scenes. 

You can submit your ticket by using the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JosephR  You are not alone just submit ticket with support and they can fix for you 

you can send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hmmm, must be an issue with the network. Your like the 6 person I've seen indicated this today. Hopefully will be fixed soon. My advice is to power your phone off and try again.

Should that not fix it, submit a ticket below. Expect a long delay however for a response. 

Need Help? Let's chat.