cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling while in the U.S. ........

electrical2771
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

......could we at some point when the border reopens have a talk plan that instead of 10 days for $8 could be for a 10 hour service for say $2 or $3?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I think both of you need to reread. 

I know Alaska and Hawaii are states…but are Puerto  Rico and other American territories included.?

Secondly can you call a Canadian number while in USA using the add on?

I think one of you needs to review their own questions asked. I answered your questions as listed.

I think both of you need to reread. 

I know Alaska and Hawaii are states…but are Puerto  Rico and other American territories included.?

Secondly can you call a Canadian number while in USA using the add on?

@Anonymous wrote:

so yes. US protectorates have been mentioned to work.

2. US and Canada.

i read it quick.. i thought you  meant Canada is one of US protectorates.. LoL.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : 1. Hawaii and Alaska are states so yes. US protectorates have been mentioned to work.

2. US and Canada.

3. See 2.

4. No.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@electrical2771 wrote:

......could we at some point when the border reopens have a talk plan that instead of 10 days for $8 could be for a 10 hour service for say $2 or $3?

That is a GOOD idea for those  that are frequent cross border shoppers!! Even a 1, 2, or 3 day calling option would be good for $2 a day.  

I do recall that London Drugs had a plan that you would have to use another SIM and you could activate it on demand for a cost, of course.  I also recall a Telus prepaid add-on for use in U.S. too. But I can't find. Maybe is no longer. 

Since we did a lot of U.S. holidaying, I bought a Tracfone at Walmart and paid $100 a year. I rarely used it and I abandoned it after I had $500 US into it. Tracfone did NOT allow online payment using a Canadian credit card...you pretty much had to cross the line and buy a top up card (at Walmart using cash or a Canadian CC) and add that way. 

So what I am saying.....right now....$8 is cheap, in a way for calling depending on how often you cross 😀. Even for a day. The Data add-on would not be of too much value to use a VOIP app.  But if you can find free un restricted Wi-Fi a VOIP app would be another option. 

When in the USA using the Unlimited U.S. Talk Only add-on:

1. Does it work in Hawaii, Alaska or any other unincorporated territory of the United States?

2. While in the U.S. can you call only U.S. numbers?

3. While in U.S. can you call a Canadian number that the phone is physically in Canada or the U.S.?

4. Can you all any other countries "if" you have the appropriate LD add-on, while in the U.S.?

@electrical2771 

yes, many store's Free Wifi blocking VoIP connection. Not just Target, and same in Canada, too.  Same with Walmart in Canada

your original suggestion for 10 hours pass ..  i don't think they would.    Honest, I would be happy if I see them having "Day Pass", but even they offer that, it won't be cheap, probably 3 days already same as paying for 10 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

@electrical2771 wrote:

BTW I have a TextNow phone # but when I was in a Target store 2 years ago it did not work

I bought a condo back home, in a hotel room in Arizona, on TextNow, talking to a realtor back home. I suppose, technically, Target might have blocked that kind of wifi traffic in their store. If so, then interesting that that might be something to look out for. Otherwise, TextNow works.

electrical2771
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

BTW I have a TextNow phone # but when I was in a Target store 2 years ago it did not work

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@electrical2771 wrote:

Good suggestion...but unlikely to happen.

You can get a cheap phone with 30 day plan at walmart in US.

Edit...TextNow works with wifi and there's many free wifi hotspots all across US now.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@electrical2771 wrote:

@electrical2771    Yeah that would be nice for most who only go across the line for the day, however, very unlikely that PM will ever offer that.  However, who knows?

Need Help? Let's chat.