cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID displayed in Germany?

Anderl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will the caller ID be displayed in Germany? I know Germany has strict rules about caller ID. 

6 REPLIES 6

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You could let a friend know when you make a pre-arranged phone call to see if your identity is called displayed. 

IMO, the better option is to have everybody use WhatsApp. This way, you can message, call or video chat to your heart's content as long as you have Wi-Fi.

Anderl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently with Koodo, so I can't try it out. I am contemplating PM for its affordable international plan, but without a caller ID it is useless because many of my friends will not pick up an anonymous call. So I am asking for actual user experience.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Anderl 

Unfortunately, PM doesn’t have roaming while you are in Germany so whatever local SIM you purchase there. I assume it will follow the regulations there.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do you mean if you go to Germany? There is no service outside of the US and Canada with Public Mobile.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Anderl 

first, Public Mobile only send the phone number over, not name.

not sure if the phone number will get through German Call display law.  You will have to try calling your friend in Germany and find out  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.